• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself (Mattman & Robin from MXM)

Started by turnaround, August 06, 2015, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberweiss

Love this EP.

"You're Such A" - The HEYs. The moody bass. The anthemic chanting. Like a mix of "Roar" and "Bad Blood", two of my fave pop songs. So catchy. This is pure ecstasy. I love the surge into the "you can take your lies to your next girlfriend 'cause I don't wanna hear it any more" bridge. Massive tune. And love the way she sings "I know the truth". This could really be a hit if radio picks it up.

"Rock Bottom" - Laser precision melodies. Just so well executed. 'Cause we keep on coming back for MOOORE! So much drama in this song. It's like if Tove Lo was any good.

"Hell Nos and Headphones" - Mattman & Robin used the same vocal effect on the verses as in "Favourite Colour", sounds so great & gives it a real sense of intimacy. Again the melodies are just sooo perfectly pop.

Mattman & Robin, Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels are a dream team.

j.fco.morales

I expected something more edgy, way too pop for my tastes.

"You're such a" it's a Roar twist.

turnaround

Really nice tracks. If only we knew the production credits.
And I liked it..

sonnyblack2000

I m on tidal they have credits on there, prod is all mattman&robin with songwriting by julia micheals and justin tranter. I believe having this one team gives the ep a cohesive feel. I love it, very pop but some edgy lyrics in some parts, just enough to give hailee a personality.

j.fco.morales

According to the iTunes files, all the songs are written by the same team.

melodicmoonlight

Great pop songs.

You're Such A... is a bop. it reminds me of an Avril song. i can actually see Avril working with Mattman & Robin.

turnaround

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on November 14, 2015, 03:26:31 AM
I m on tidal they have credits on there, prod is all mattman&robin with songwriting by julia micheals and justin tranter. I believe having this one team gives the ep a cohesive feel. I love it, very pop but some edgy lyrics in some parts, just enough to give hailee a personality.
Just noticed that Tidal is really pure gold for credits.
And I liked it..

gm33

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 19, 2016, 07:15:53 PM
a little late to the game

there are more important things in life
besides that my time has been filled with great music anyway, so no worries :)
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

There is a new song on the EP now.

Starving (feat. Zedd)

Michael Trewartha, Kyle Trewartha, Robert McCurdy, Christopher Petrosino & Asia Whiteacre
And I liked it..