• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Musical Theory / Formula

Started by ar10003, October 24, 2007, 07:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ar10003

Hi there - just found this forum and have to say its going to be my guilty pleasure! I've been following some of the threads and am impressed by how much you all know. I've been searching for so much info and here it all is in one place.

Has anyone managed to break down the musical theory of the earlier cherion songs, and the newer Max stuff. I 've read about structure and the counterpoints, and the talk of virtual instruments, pro tools / logic, vocal tracking with vocalign, autotune etc. I'm talking more about the chord progressions and harmonies. Especially vocal harmonies. That sound that seemed to start around the ace of base years... I've been experimenting and I think its use of a lot of suspended 2nds and 4ths and in the up regions a seventh or octave. I read somewhere that Oops and Baby one more time changed key mid chorus. Stuff like that is very useful to me. Im a part time producer and am fortunate to live in NY with many talented singers. Check out this girl for instance, Maricela. We did a fun little project to get some exposure while commenting on our very own Britney.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=dYgYAmsv-pM 
as you can hear she's great and there's plenty of great voices where that came from. What I really want to do is take my songs to the next level and I know much of that is how the chorus' are built up / layered harmonized etc. Any info welcome.

A

turnaround

Hey ar!
Great you found us.
We were sometimes thinking about a theory what worked so well so often, but it's so hard to come up with  ;D

In some threads maybe you find something interesting about it  :)
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Welcome also Ar, thanks for joining.

There has been lots of discussions about the theory - it's always so interesting. The main thing to me is the melody (obviously!).

I listened to the youtube clip - she's a good singer

ahmed

good singing......but there is a pic on the video that shouldn't be put,u know what i mean.