• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

What is Max's strike rate ?

Started by davpet, June 18, 2008, 06:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Hi, I have my first draft of Max Martin's Strike Rate ready. It's 52%

Anyway, I copied his songlist from Wikipedia, put it in excel and then copied all the chart information I could find on Wikipedia and also did a bit of searching around on Billboard etc.

So, I just looked at Max's singles per album and if they were hits or not, in the end I didn't include all the singles released per album not written by Max as that will take more time (and Max's Strike Rate much lower). I was pretty loose with giving out the "Hit" rating, if it was a hit anywhere, I said a hit. Eg Marion Raven's singles were popular in Japan and Norway so I said "Hit"!

Also, another version can be just looking at Max's singles and if they were hits or not - that will Max's Strike Rate much higher!

I still haven't worked out a way so that the webpage is easy to read, with a heading at the top that stays there, hopefully I'll work it out soon, so sorry it's a bit hard to read.

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/MaxMartinStrikeRate.htm

The one's highlighted in green, I 'm not sure at all and don't know where to look for information. Also, I think I'm missing some songs, I haven't double checked.
If you see any mistakes, things missed, please let me know.

turnaround

Oh Reb, this was lots of work, thanks for this.
Very interesting to read.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Yes, it was a lot of work! it is very interesting. I'll continue to perfect it. It's something I wanted to do for a long time, summarising the chart information, so it's a good start.

Unexpected

oh it must took alot of time and work from you , thanx for dor doing this rebecca

*Sabine*

wow, really impressive! thanks for all these precious information reb!

Feelgoodlies

Thanks for this hard work reb, Wikipedia should hire you  ;)

Rebecca

Thanks, it took a while! and still I'm missing songs etc

I couldn't have done it without Wikipedia! I copied most of it from them!

secski

haha, this was very interesting!

loved it.

i remember reading an interview years ago featuring max, and they said for every tune he records he has come up with 100 others or something. He makes the hits cos he has a very high throw out rate, he has a high standard below which he is not satisfied with. awesome!