• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Coldplay - album "Everyday Life" (two Max co-productions)

Started by nanofives, November 06, 2019, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

I haven't heard anyone mentioning the "dates" process to approach Max, is it because they haven't collaborated before?

"Max is all producer right now" what does it mean? He doesn't write as often?

I was expecting to talk about his credits in "Everyday Life", could it be that Chris didn't know that Max Martin had additional production credits in two of his songs? Or maybe the input wasn't as big as he thinks?

"Albums are outdated" What do you guys think about that? I've got mixed feelings about it

Snipes3000

I thought he said "max is our producer now"? On Everyday Life Max was probably a (co-)producer who comes in when the song is almost done, similar to how Rami was used in the Gaga Ft Ariana song (article on that process online, also on the recent 47min podcast with rami of which i forgot the name he talked about the process).

I think albums are outdated in a sense, considering that youth behaves different now than I did as a kid in the 90's who recorded albums on tapes and later on cd, then napstar bulk download came in to overload hard discs. The streaming platforms (deezer, spotify, youtube music etc.)  arrange a behaviour that is more aimed at playlists, rather than albums in general I think. So from the perspective of "new kids" I think albums are becoming less popular. Lots of 25 year olds don't even know about the practice of downloading actual data on a harddisc with software (napstar, kazaa, limewire were some. Currently soulseek is the one im using). On the other hand, albums are less outdated for my age group, say 26 years old +. But from major label perspective we are not as relevant to them as we once were. Also consider the fact that people bought albums because of one or a few songs on it. the other songs were just filling up the album, so artists could get away with selling average songs together with their hit. Now there is no need to get the song by buying the album. You can just select the song, play it and move on. Back in the early 00's with mini discs (was just as worse as copying a tape) and later mp3 players such as ipod it was also possible to make playlists with favorites, but it was kind of limited because updating it constantly was really a task. This streaming age has brought us total flexibility in selecting songs and we are never again stuck on the playlist i made a week ago for my ipod or for my cd that has only 80 minutes of music on it, walking around with maps filled with cd's. We don't even have to make playlists ourselves because there are a bunch of people who get paid to make playlists weekly, or even daily with all the new stuff in the genre that you like. Perfect for people, no time is lost, just click play without having to do any work. This landscape makes albums irrelevant and myself, I haven't played filler material of new released albums. I only play the singles. So I have changed as well, due to the flexibilty spotify provides me on my desktop pc. No more browsing through windows explorer going through maps I sorted per year and searching for music. Just spotify search and see everything right in front of me.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

I think he meant the album as a format. People now listen to songs, on YouTube or a streaming platform.

Only established artists release albums: it takes more time, more budget, usually artists tour the album in order to get money out of it as well, all this from the perspective of consumption.

j.fco.morales

j.fco.morales

It's not a HQ picture but it looks like Oscar, the beard and the long hair.

bugmenot

The guy by the window looks like
Additional Production by Daniel Green

Snipes3000

coldplay wrote in about half a lunar cycle, which should be in about 14 days.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Snipes3000

The snippet seems to be fake. It should be a snippet of David Brent - Electricity (Featuring Chris Martin)

Snipes3000

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 17, 2021, 02:58:24 AM
https://twitter.com/infinity_eyes_8/status/1416189554063642625?s=20

? Sounds real to me.

Maybe we are talking about a different snippet then. The link you sent is not working anymore. The snippet I heard is the David Brent ft Chris Martin song, but they pretend it's a new song #clickbait ? Please try and keep sending links of the snippet you are talking about if it's not the david brent song.

This is the snippet I acknowledge to be fake/clickbait/davidbrent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJPD0Xdk-CQ

Snipes3000

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 17, 2021, 03:06:30 AM
Considering BTS are pretty much the biggest artists in the world right now

Based on what?

Snipes3000

Thanks for the info. Here in the Netherlands they aren't really in the forefront in my experience. May I ask in what country you live?

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the snippet you have heard then. Well, it should be coming out on Friday I guess, because I remember that chris said that a song was coming in about 14 days

Snipes3000

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 20, 2021, 06:08:21 PM
New album Music of the Spheres produced by Max out October 15th. There is an album trailer with snippets, it sounds INCREDIBLE: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1417501125817819138?s=20

New album track "Coloratura" out this Friday as well, with the next single following in September: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1417501479263477770?s=20

Also, it says in the tweet "Volume 1" so I guess there's more than one album?

WOah! The whole album produced by Max? What did we do to deserve this??  ;D

My favorite snippet from the album trailer is the second song, after Higher Power

j.fco.morales