• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lil Uzi Vert - That Way (Max Credit?)

Started by McCartneyMartin, March 07, 2020, 02:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCartneyMartin

Hello first-timer here, there was a new song that dropped by rapper Lil Uzi Vert that featured a sample of "I Want It That Way", only to notice that there was no songwriting credits from Max or Andreas on it. All I'm seeing on tidal is just a solo writing credit for Uzi. Should we hope that they get the co credit that they deserve?

https://tidal.com/browse/track/133516116

Also in case that this song would goes to the top of the charts, should it count towards one of Max's number ones if I happens? Maybe even a resurgence of the original song to make a comeback too??

nanofives

There isn't any writing credits in any song of that album. That's a very big and common issue with Tidal and Spotify. I also saw an Instagram story of Jason Evigan asking Atlantic records why his song with Ava Max didn't have credits. Seems like a corporate issue.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on March 07, 2020, 05:08:07 PM
There isn't any writing credits in any song of that album. That's a very big and common issue with Tidal and Spotify. I also saw an Instagram story of Jason Evigan asking Atlantic records why his song with Ava Max didn't have credits. Seems like a corporate issue.

Guess we may have to wait for a physical release of the album to get our answer. They're probably going over some last minute "sample clearing" before officially crediting anyone involved.

nanofives

Credits can be changed after a song release or even previous credits release. For example Lady Gaga's latest single wasn't originally produced by Max in the credits but now it is.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on March 07, 2020, 06:15:43 PM
Credits can be changed after a song release or even previous credits release. For example Lady Gaga's latest single wasn't originally produced by Max in the credits but now it is.

He's only credited as a "Vocal Producer" rather than as a full on one. Just like somewhere he was credited as a producer on the new SZA track when he was just the writer.

nanofives

The point I'm trying to make is that he originally was the vocal producer and a writer, but as of right now he's also credited as a producer, I've just checked this on Tidal, Spotify and even Qobuz says "Max Martin, Producer, Co-Producer, Vocal Producer, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist".

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on March 08, 2020, 05:40:32 AM
The point I'm trying to make is that he originally was the vocal producer and a writer, but as of right now he's also credited as a producer, I've just checked this on Tidal, Spotify and even Qobuz says "Max Martin, Producer, Co-Producer, Vocal Producer, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist".

https://listen.tidal.com/album/132719184/credits

You're right.

B Steady

Meanwhile Max and Andreas are credited on Spotify.

Btw, I love this song! Good thing for my Boys to get that promo.
Vila i frid Dag