• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max or Denniz Sound?

Started by Joshua, April 10, 2012, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Does anyone know of any Denniz Pop productions without Max that have the distinct late 90's Max sound? I'm just interested to know how much of that sound was purely Max, or if it was mainly Denniz influenced. Any productions that they worked on together like "Show Me Love" or "Backstreet's Back" have that familiar Max feel... but is it mainly down to Max's involvement, or was it the way Denniz was headed with his own sound?

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on April 10, 2012, 12:34:15 PM
Does anyone know of any Denniz Pop productions without Max that have the distinct late 90's Max sound? I'm just interested to know how much of that sound was purely Max, or if it was mainly Denniz influenced. Any productions that they worked on together like "Show Me Love" or "Backstreet's Back" have that familiar Max feel... but is it mainly down to Max's involvement, or was it the way Denniz was headed with his own sound?

Denniz always had these notable tamboruine arrangements in his productions, also in Show Me Love and especially in Everybody (Backstreet's Back) but the rest is a strong Max influence I guess.
First Denniz brought Max & Kristian into the business and also inspired them a lot but with time they developed their own style and created a new sound which they carried on beyond Denniz' death (at least for a few years).
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Thanks for replying to my old thread. :) I assumed the same as you, that there's probably more Max than Denniz in that distinct style. I wonder if without Max, Denniz would've ever produced a similar sound. You also have to wonder what his work would've sounded like over the years up until now. Pity we'll never know.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on April 29, 2013, 02:16:03 PM
You also have to wonder what his work would've sounded like over the years up until now. Pity we'll never know.

I often think about that! It's really exciting but yeah ... we'll never know :'(
Vila i frid Dag