• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kelly Clarkson - New Album (Single: Max/Dr Luke/Claude Kelly)

Started by PG, November 11, 2008, 01:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

I guess its success is thanks to the HUGE prior success of IKAG + Katy's personnality, and of course the song is still very good and she promoted it a lot.

nshinnosuke

I never loved Hot n Cold that much too...anyone else noticed the similarity in the 'You don't really wanna' part with U+Ur Hand???

*Sabine*

Damn yeah you're right, I hadn't realized it, don't think it's just coincidence! They're really masters of copy & paste seriously!  ;D Plus it seems these are the same notes (or almost) in that part!  :o

Rebecca

I'm glad that MLWSWY is doing well.

I bought Kelly's album the other day, I think it's quite terrible! I've listened to it a few times and I don't think I'll go back to it again. Big disappointment to me.

I like All I Ever Wanted and If I Can't Have You and Long Shot is quite good but that's really it.

Pity they couldn't have afforded more Max/Luke songs.

*Sabine*

Quote from: Rebecca on March 07, 2009, 10:06:38 PM

I bought Kelly's album the other day, I think it's quite terrible! I've listened to it a few times and I don't think I'll go back to it again. Big disappointment to me.

I like All I Ever Wanted and If I Can't Have You and Long Shot is quite good but that's really it.

I think the same. Fortunately I didn't buy it. I tried to listen to the songs a couple of times but they won't grow on me... so I just gave up. The only song that will stay on my iPod is MLWSWY!

Alex Martin

Agree guys only MLWSWY is great!!!The other songs are average.

Breakaway remain for me her best production.

sforzando

Rebecca

Nope, no thank you to Max

Kelly just gives a big general thank you. "I want to say thank you to everyone who has been involved in my career from the start..." " to everyone who's been involved in my team..."
also thanks her band, crew, family and God, no mention of any songwriters.

I saw her on tv talking about her album and MLWSWY and also no mention of songwriters.

I bought the cd with the bonus dvd, I haven't watched it yet.

Scott Martin :)

Quote from: Rebecca on March 07, 2009, 10:06:38 PM

I agree! It seems that they (the producers, Kelly whoever) are trying to cover about 4 or 5 styles in one record - there's a nod toward country music with some of the ballads, some songs sounds like 60s re-makes, and others have punk/hard rock elements!

Its not a cohesive record at all.

MLWSWY is the only stand out track to me, it reminds me of 'So What' on Pinks record - both 'So What' and 'MLWSWY' are uplifting, free and pure musical joy. The rests of the tracks seem a bit forced somehow. (on both records)

Just my opinion though.  ;)

georg_e

She's gonna be on "Saturday Night Live"  this week -- looking forward to hearing her blow everybody away on MLWSWY!!

*Sabine*

Cool!! Has she ever performed that song live by the way?

Alex Martin

Kelly you're so lovely....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiSAqYMvHuc

Definitely,kelly better than britney like voice and style.

georg_e

Kelly did perform it live on a couple of TV shows, but the sound is generally really better and the bands play at  their best on Saturday Night Live.  Maybe 'cuz it;s late at night, which helps with  the vibe!

*Sabine*