• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cady Groves - Forget You (Kristian Lundin)

Started by melodicmoonlight, June 25, 2013, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IozmEDkr2zs

New song she wrote with Kristian Lundin and Carrick Gerety for the Smurfs 2 soundtrack. Just came out today.

Looks like they're packing this soundtrack with pop hits.

J_A24

The chorus sounds a bit like "Drowning" from the Backstreet Boys

Raul_esp

Quote from: J_A24 on June 26, 2013, 02:39:38 PM
The chorus sounds a bit like "Drowning" from the Backstreet Boys

I Agree , I said it in the other thread.

B Steady

LOL it's a mix of Drowning and The One That Got Away :D

the last 4 bars before the chorus are so so so TOTGA, whereas the chorus melody is very Drowning!!!
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Her song "We're the Sh#t" sounds like Die Young too, except that it was released first. But the first time I listened to Die Young, I couldn't stop thiking how similar it sounded like We're the Sh#t/Dynamite. Melodically of course.

Feelgoodlies

I just like how Kristian keeps a song interesting for me, I eagerly listen to his whole song to see the adds and changes of the production and melody throughout his songs, and here I just loved how he added the backing vocals (1:46) "Oh Oh Oh Oh" over the second verse and then put it separately later on!

j.fco.morales

I really like her songs but I don't like her tone and her thin voice. If these were recorded by someone else maybe be the songs would sound much better.

Forget You reminds me a lot of The One That Got Away -just like you guys said- but with different arrangements.

Jules

Cady has been dropped from RCA by her own request.  :'(
Goodbye all you beautiful Kristian Lundin songs, which will now probably never see the light of day!  :-\ :'( :( >:(

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5901078/cady-groves-waiting-game-how-a-promising-artist-ended-up-back-at