• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Jennifer Lopez (new single with Dr Luke)

Started by turnaround, April 07, 2016, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/jennifer-lopez-aint-your-mama

Quote"Ain't Your Mama" was written by Lukasz Gottwald, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Gamal "Lunchmoney" Lewis, Theron Thomas and Henry Walter. The track also includes backing vocals of Trainor.
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

love it. simple but well produced. R. City's influence is all over it.

Would be cool to hear Meghan's version.

bugmenot

Song was intended for Meghan then she rejected?

turnaround

I think it's interesting a female artists is working with Luke still :)

And I liked it..

georg_e

Most Unintentionally Ironic Headline of the Day award goes to....Jennifer Lopez Has A New Dr. Luke-Produced Song About Female Empowerment - PAPER Magazine
https://apple.news/AFDwQPMZlPViwmeJpmP9AgQ

j.fco.morales

Her voice is so thin... how well do you think this will make?

Voodoo

Honestly... where are the hooks?!!!

Don't like this one

georg_e

Dr. Fleischman

I think it's a nice summertime song. JLo didn't have much success on charts lately so it's hard to say if it's gonna be a hit, but the song definitely has some potential. One thing that struck me on the first listen was the lack of energy during the choruses. It screams for some bright sounds, synths or horns maybe.

j.fco.morales

The file says it was written by Lukasz Gottwald, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Gamal "Lunchmoney" Lewis, Theron Thomas & Henry Walter.

sonnyblack2000

Does sond summery but also quite ordinary, overused chord progression (wouldnt be so much of a problem if the song went anywhere but here it just seems amateurish and uninspired) heard that groove a million times before, melodies are predictable. Not a hit in my book.

melodicmoonlight

After playing it a couple times, I still like it. But it struck me that it doesn't sound very Dr. Luke-ish. I guess it lacks that wow factor. Like the stuff he's done with Becky G is more on that "OH, that's definitely a Luke production" level.

j.fco.morales

Cirkut, actually.

I'm not sure about Luke's input over the last two years.

bugmenot

QuoteA source tells Trainor wrote the song years ago and Luke initially produced it at the time, before Kesha's lawsuit was filed.

Ultimately, according to the initial source, Dr. Luke had no involvement in the finished production and Lopez never at any time actually worked with him on "Ain't Your Mama," in the studio or otherwise.

In fact, the list of cooks in the kitchen is long, with Henry "Cirkut" Walter also cited as a producer and Cirkut, Theron Thomas, Gamal "Lunchmoney" Lewis and Jacob Kasher Hindlin sharing writing credit with Dr. Luke and Meghan Trainor.

Funny how it takes so many to get the song out but only one to steal all the thunder.

http://www.eonline.com/news/755277/jennifer-lopez-s-ain-t-your-mama-was-co-produced-by-dr-luke-but-here-s-what-that-really-means

First phrase is not true.

Dr Luke twitted Feb 23, 2015 - i'm following @Meghan_Trainor cuz she's a badass
and lawsuit was October 14, 2014

j.fco.morales

The Elliphant songs are from 2015, but released this year.

These reporters...