• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Is Wolf Cousins a Max thing?

Started by sweetmelody, October 24, 2014, 03:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetmelody

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratone_Studios

In 2013, the production entity Wolf Cousins was created in Stockholm, with songs such as "First Love" by Jennifer Lopez and "Problem" by Ariana Grande being recorded in the Wolf Cousins Studios.

AlexanderLaBrea

Yes, it's a Max/Shellback initiative. Even the name. Both Wolf cousins and Shellback are characters from a Swedish comic called "Bamse".

sweetmelody

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on October 24, 2014, 09:55:56 AM
Yes, it's a Max/Shellback initiative. Even the name. Both Wolf cousins and Shellback are characters from a Swedish comic called "Bamse".

Thanks, good info! Did some research, apparently Tove Lo is part of this.

Dr. Fleischman

Hello guys, it's my first post on this board.

Do you know if Wolf Cousins is somehow associated with Warner/Chappell Scandinavia? The writers, Tove Lo, Ilya, Ali Payami, The Struts are all signed to Warner.

turnaround

Welcome and thanks for the info!!

I like Style by Ali from 1989.
And I liked it..

sweetmelody

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on November 04, 2014, 05:51:29 PM
Hello guys, it's my first post on this board.

Do you know if Wolf Cousins is somehow associated with Warner/Chappell Scandinavia? The writers, Tove Lo, Ilya, Ali Payami, The Struts are all signed to Warner.

As far as I've heard after asking around, they are.

Dr. Fleischman

Did you hear anything more about that? MXM's publishing is administrated by Kobalt so there's a conflict of interest. I read somewhere that Joe Janiak ( the guy wrote a single for Ellie Goulding) was also a part of a team and he's not at Warner's.

sweetmelody

I was told that they are signed as producers. I know Tove Lo and Ilya (and I think Ali Payami too) are definitely on Warner/Chap publishing (from what I was told). As for why its Warner/Chap, there's an A&R there who is pretty huge in both the Swedish and US industry. I think he is probably friendly with Max and Shellback and that's how the talent was discovered and deals formed. Also, if you read the credits on 1989 and V, it seems like Wolf Cousins publishing might be in fact admin'ed by Warner/Chap. So Wolf Cousins might be part of MXM but also Warner/Chap in different capacities. Anyway, that's my best guess based on all the info I have heard/read. Maybe someone else has better info but that's all I know so far. If anyone knows more, please chime in!

PS - MXM is not only a publishing company, it's also a production company. It's like the whole tangled web! Haha

j.fco.morales

I think he's trying this coaching stuff -the same thing Denniz did with him- with new raw talent.
And I think it's great.

Oroz

Quote from: sweetmelody on October 25, 2014, 05:07:16 AM
Thanks, good info! Did some research, apparently Tove Lo is part of this.

Yes she is. All songs from the Queen of the clouds are credit to Wolf Cousins. And there's also that instagram picture:

http://instagram.com/p/u4RBqupMCy/?modal=true

AlexanderLaBrea

No not all of them. Timebomb and This Time Around. But at the same time, Tove IS a part of Wolf Cousins and has writing cred on all songs so to some extent it's true.

Oroz

Quote from: kyleshearer on November 18, 2014, 07:20:20 AM
All of them?

Sorry, I assumed that. I'm guilty of only checking out the songs that I liked the most.

J_A24

Oroz

Quote from: J_A24 on November 19, 2014, 05:53:43 AM
That was cold

My apologies. Not my intention. :P English is not my first language and sometimes my sentences and ideas do not translate well.

Best regards!  :D