• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

It's OK to comment something, as long as you're respectful.

I think her sales are high because she's such a good social media user.

sweetmelody

Next single confirmed. "Blank Space" hits radio Nov 10. Obviously, as we know, it's another MXM/SB song.

Can this be Max's 19th #1 hit and put him 4 behind George Martin?

sweetmelody

turnaround

Quote from: sweetmelody on October 31, 2014, 01:53:13 PM
Next single confirmed. "Blank Space" hits radio Nov 10. Obviously, as we know, it's another MXM/SB song.

Can this be Max's 19th #1 hit and put him 4 behind George Martin?

I really hope so.

But what makes the song so popular? The lyrics. I really like it, but there are two better songs. Stay and How to...
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

sweetmelody

Quote from: turnaround on October 31, 2014, 09:21:48 PM
I really hope so.

But what makes the song so popular? The lyrics. I really like it, but there are two better songs. Stay and How to...

That's a great question. It is one of my favorites on 1989, but I don't think it's the strongest song on the album. That said, I think fans connect to more than just lyrics , and with TS the lyrics are usually always fantastic. I think it's more the overall vibe of the song and I think the chorus is actually very strong. It doesn't jump out as a traditional big hook but it's what I like to call a "creeper." You find yourself singing it non-stop.

I'd also like to note that since we know TS was the one who wrote and brought the song to MXM/SB, it probably has more of the TS feel that her fans love.

sweetmelody

j.fco.morales

So, the thing is: you can get stuck with a song with melody OR lyrics.

And maybe with a beat?

sweetmelody

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 01, 2014, 05:21:55 PM
So, the thing is: you can get stuck with a song with melody OR lyrics.

And maybe with a beat?

I'm off the school of thought that it's melody that attracts people first and foremost. Maybe not all the time for all people, but I think this is true most of the time. I think great and interesting lyrics can absolutely pull someone in, and maybe even sometimes bring them back, but the hook(s) of the song is what will get stuck in someone's head. Personally speaking, I go back and listen to my favorite songs because of the melodies. That doesn't mean lyrics are not important, but take a lyric like "I Kissed A Girl" for example. Most people would agree that the lyric itself contributes to it being a hit. Genius. But that melody. Yeah, it's pretty damn amazing. Go ahead, hum it in your head or out loud. It's there... I Kissed a girl and I liked it.

I also think aspects of a beat can be hooks too, but probably more so synth lines that have hooks to them. With that said, there's plenty of EDM songs that are pretty brilliant at "hooking" the listener with minimal to no lyrics at all.

This is all to say that... whatever makes "Style" a hit with fans, it's probably mostly a combination of both lyrics and melody.

It's all personal opinion anyway, and that's mine.  ;D

Rex

My first language isn't english, and i actually start learning it at 17, so i can assure that for most people the melody is the most important part of a song. I did not understand a bit of what Britney sang in baby one more time, but i still liked it

gm33

The album as a whole is amazing! Masterpiece by both Max and Taylor.

I love Max's bridges and I think Style's is just phenomenal, even though it's just one line: "Take me home." There's something so cool about it that I can't put my finger on.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012