• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

thanks, I love the article. It's just annoying that he think that Tik Tok is a Max song.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Rex on December 03, 2014, 02:20:15 AM
interesting article: http://thevine.com.au/music/news/number-ones-taylor-swift-shake-it-off-20140902-285861/
Can someone explain me please what a syncopated beat means?

A syncope is when you alterate the accent of some rhythm and put it in a place where it's not common, sometimes can feel off beat.
It's really common in many genres actually, specially melodically.

For example: this bassline over that four to the floor beat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDuYFONO4QU

That's it.

sweetmelody

Taylor performed "Style" at the VS show. It is a perfect title for the show but I also think it's because that will be the next single.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 03, 2014, 02:44:22 PM
A syncope is when you alterate the accent of some rhythm and put it in a place where it's not common, sometimes can feel off beat.
It's really common in many genres actually, specially melodically.

For example: this bassline over that four to the floor beat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDuYFONO4QU

That's it.

i think the beat in this song would fall under that category too? the fourth beat coming in on the offbeat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUxNSni5SU

turnaround

Oh, indeed - could be.

Btw. Shake it off is nominated in three categories for a Grammy.

I think "Song of the year" is a category where the songwriter gets the price.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: Linda on December 04, 2014, 12:58:21 AM
Isn't Tomas from Maratone Tom Talomaa

There are 2 Tomas's - Tom Talomaa and also Tomas Ljung - he is the guy that answers emails at Maratone and I think he might help in the studio too.

Anyway, great that Taylor is nominated for some Grammy's. Shake if Off should win.

ihavemorales

Is it just me or does "Style" rip Katy Perry off from the start? Not even the production, but the annunciation, "belting" (more like screeching for taylor), the "ahhhhs"? I love 1989, but it feels like Teenage Dream-lite.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: ihavemorales on December 11, 2014, 09:36:38 PM
Is it just me or does "Style" rip Katy Perry off from the start? Not even the production, but the annunciation, "belting" (more like screeching for taylor), the "ahhhhs"? I love 1989, but it feels like Teenage Dream-lite.

About what, exactly? I'm curious.

Rex

I think he refers to the backing vocals at the end of the song (The "ahhh" going down"), which may be similar to those used in wide awake - you can hear them better from 3:13 mark. Still, i don't think this is a copy, but just a widely used technique. The instrumental is more similar to Do What U Want by Lady Gaga - Both have that heavy sound in the background i don't know how to describe

j.fco.morales

After the Katy Perry comparison, I imagined Style being sung by Katy and it sounded much better in my head.

Taylor voice sounds so thin in the recordings...

j.fco.morales

Just like every Taylor Swift album, it was released an official karaoke version, with no lead vocals.

It's available on iTunes.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 17, 2014, 06:53:38 PM
Just like every Taylor Swift album, it was released an official karaoke version, with no lead vocals.

It's available on iTunes.

link?