• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Billboard: DECADE-END CHARTS HOT 100 SONG

Started by turnaround, November 14, 2019, 09:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

And I liked it..

bugmenot

Billboard is the most discredited chart now. Wrecking Ball is 99th?

B Steady

This chart is highly confusing/disappointing me.

But most of all
4 - Closer
5 - Girls Like You
7 - Old Town Road
11 - Sunflower (I haven't even heard this song until now.)

Wtf?!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Many latin songs have A LOT more views than these. But isn't this in the US only?

nanofives

Billboard is meant to be US only since forever. I would discredit them too since they are constantly changing the rules regarding streaming. It could change the amount of streaming equivalent to 1 song sold.

I don't think the chart is THAT wrong tho, but there's a lot of new songs in the highest charts because of these changes.

I also think Sunflower was a massive hit over there, it stayed in the chart of almost a year. And 33 weeks in the top 10. But not so much in the rest of the world. If you look closer the US always had a tendency of being late to the party regarding worldwide massive hits. For example, Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi is the N1 song right now, it peaked in the UK like... 4 months ago? The point is that the US is like a bubble for music and people outside shouldn't care too much.