• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

working on a cheiron style cover of a song - any advice?

Started by chramos2007, March 24, 2021, 01:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chramos2007

i've been trying for a while to replicate the cheiron sound in some of my music and i think this might be the first time i've gotten really close to it.
im working on a cover of the song "call me, beep me" which is the theme to kim possible, a show from disney that ran from 2003-2007
i've only been working on it for a few hours so it's very early and empty but if you can give me any feedback still it would be greatly appreciated!

so i've uploaded 2 versions - ones an instrumental and the other has vocals (though theyre not good since i had to layer two different vocal tracks from two different versions of the song to avoid soundcloud's copyright detection AND because i had to use spleeter to extract both vocals)

here's the instrumental:
https://soundcloud.com/chris-338945149/kim-possible-inst

and here's the one with vocals:
https://soundcloud.com/chris-338945149/kim-possible-1

again - if you have any feedback or tips on what i should do it would be greatly appreciated!  ;D

Snipes3000

i CANT PLAY THE songs. They are not found on soundcloud.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

chramos2007

chramos2007

ive worked on it a bit more, ive still got a lot to do in terms of mixing and layout but i have something that should give a rough idea of how the full thing would sound like

https://soundcloud.com/chris-338945149/kim-possible-full

also since i forgot in the original post, for context here's the original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8muxst31cw

i also decided i'm just gonna make this cover without vocals since i can't find clean vocals anywhere online and spleeter doesn't output good, high quality acapellas

some of the things im gonna change include
- replacing the bassline with an actual bass (still gonna layer it with a low sine wave though for more bass)
- picking nicer instruments from roland sc
- ditching the instrument track that i'm using for background instruments (i extracted it using spleeter from one of the official versions of the song so it's low quality and kinda sucks)
- general mixing all the instruments and sounds
- replacing those weird stock risers that come with fl studio
- somehow make the phone noise less grating and annoying without removing it (the "beep beep babeep" throughout the song)

again, if there's any other feedback you still have it would be greatly appreciated!  ;D

Snipes3000

I think it's a very good track, but then it isn't much different from the original? What have you done to the track and are you using samples from the original song?
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

chramos2007

i used spleeter to extract the background instruments from the version of the song by the Preluders to use as placeholder background ambience, echoey background stuff to layer onto different instruments like the strings that lead up to the chorus and make it feel a bit larger. even if i wanted to though i couldn't use just the spleeter strings without any effects on it because spleeter isn't that good at separating tracks in songs and it leaves it sounding low quality and odd like there's some sort of distortion on it. though again, im gonna get rid of it and replace it with my own background ambience using random sounds from sound canvas so i dont have to worry about that

the only sample im gonna be using from the actual song is the ringtone sound, since most attempts ive made to recreate it just cheap or weird to me. it has this certain sound that i really like so i'm just gonna use it but other than that, i don't plan on using any other direct samples from the original song or other recordings of it in the final track