• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 18, 2015, 07:42:31 PM
The album credits appeared at Abel's wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_Behind_the_Madness

No more Max involvement apart from Can't Feel My Face and In The Night -which we already heard in full- but also Shameless features cowriting credits by Ali Payami, Savan Kotecha and Peter Svensson.

Update: the album leaked a week before release. You can hear a 18 minutes album sampler here: http://www.stereogum.com/1825771/stream-the-weeknds-18-minute-beauty-behind-the-madness-sampler/mp3s/

wonderarp

B Steady

wow wow wow, WHAT AN ALBUM! Exactly what I was expecting. I mean I didn't have particular expectations, I just knew it'll blow my mind - and that's exactly what it did. While listening to it I was brought into many different worlds, simply awesome.

In The Night is SO The Original High! I don't mind though that it became Abel's song 8)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

album will sell at least 325k in its first week, wow!
and so well deserved! 8)
Vila i frid Dag

wonderarp

turnaround

Shameless is co-produced by Max.

Notably, "Face" is the first No. 1 for Martin by a solo male artist. The rest of his chart-toppers have been recorded by either solo female artists or groups. And, after tallying his first two No. 1s as a writer in 1999-2000, he's added his next 19 all since 2008, with at least one in each year in that span.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6656874/max-martin-new-no-1-billboard-hot-100-the-weeknd

Quite a lot comments. Love it when Max is mentioned and Max is discussed.
And I liked it..

uberweiss

Shameless is much better than the other two Max songs here, which are pretty dull MJ pastiches.
Love the minimalist guitar-led production, and the classic "I have no sha-ame - SHAME!" (nice take on the always-satisfying HEY! background chant in songs like Roar and Bad Blood)

volkanyurdabak

I totally agree with you. Shameless is waaaaay better than the other two songs. I'm addicted to that song at the moment.

Quote from: uberweiss on September 14, 2015, 12:38:34 AM
Shameless is much better than the other two Max songs here, which are pretty dull MJ pastiches.
Love the minimalist guitar-led production, and the classic "I have no sha-ame - SHAME!" (nice take on the always-satisfying HEY! background chant in songs like Roar and Bad Blood)

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Tesfaye's hair also prompted one of his most WTF celebrity encounters. He was at a party for Sam Smith after this year's Grammys, at an $80 million mansion in Bel-Air. Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran were there; Disclosure were DJ'ing. "Everyone was hammered," Tesfaye says. "Sam had just won, like, every Grammy, so he was having the time of his life. Max Martin actually left because everyone was so drunk. Unfortunately, that was the one month I decided to stop drinking. Everybody was having a great time, all these cool things were happening, and I was shaking, like — 'Fuck, I really want a drink.'"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/sex-drugs-and-r-b-inside-the-weeknds-dark-twisted-fantasy-20151021#ixzz3pJbSGBwf
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

bugmenot

j.fco.morales

Rebecca