• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Backstreet Boys new album

Started by Rebecca, March 04, 2007, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea

I think they can solve their problems releasing 'something that i already know' as a single... awesome song... 8)

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: ahmed on December 30, 2007, 10:54:43 AM
Quote from: Rebecca on December 30, 2007, 07:25:05 AM
true BSB are not singing songs that are in todays style, which I'm happy about.
I'm surprised people have said that they are still doing teen music. The music seems more Adult Contemporary.

Yeah, there is really no song that could be a strong single. Second choice of single is a mistake.

yeah Rebecca,its a good thing about BSB that they r not singing in today style....

speaking of that...there are some people think that the pop music which max used to do is teen oriented.....i DON'T agree with that...the pop music especially max music were good and unique and had good lyrics too , better than lyrics in other genres.....
i don't know why people think that?!!
Yes Ahmed people have always described Cheiron productions as a teen-ie productions,songs that actually made for teenagers..ever when Britney once interviewd and was asked why did she stop working with the same poducers she worked with,she responded "I am more grown up now,I am 20 years old I want the world to see that I m no longer the teenager",when I heard that I was like "Oh well..these teenage songs GOT u to where U are now",although I don't really see Cheiron peroduction to Britney, Backstreet Boys and N Sync are childish...I really think the songs they made for them are so damn unique and sooo great lyrically and musically!!..although their music sounds similar,I mean they used the same instruments on their songs,but it is GREAT,if Britney had given herself the chance to work with them,Max would have invented a new pop as he did in 1998 all the way to 2001/02... u can notice the huge development musically!!

Back to Backstreet's topic...well, Sadly I guess Backstreet Boys are a complete flop...they actually couldn't make it with both their album and 2 singles...I personally see that Everything But Mine will be a waste of time and money!!!,and No Way Jive kicks them out,because they are huge and will make it again someday...remember Mariah Carey's flop era???

Unexpected

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on January 18, 2008, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: ahmed on December 30, 2007, 10:54:43 AM
Quote from: Rebecca on December 30, 2007, 07:25:05 AM
true BSB are not singing songs that are in todays style, which I'm happy about.
I'm surprised people have said that they are still doing teen music. The music seems more Adult Contemporary.

Yeah, there is really no song that could be a strong single. Second choice of single is a mistake.

yeah Rebecca,its a good thing about BSB that they r not singing in today style....

speaking of that...there are some people think that the pop music which max used to do is teen oriented.....i DON'T agree with that...the pop music especially max music were good and unique and had good lyrics too , better than lyrics in other genres.....
i don't know why people think that?!!
Yes Ahmed people have always described Cheiron productions as a teen-ie productions,songs that actually made for teenagers..ever when Britney once interviewd and was asked why did she stop working with the same poducers she worked with,she responded "I am more grown up now,I am 20 years old I want the world to see that I m no longer the teenager",when I heard that I was like "Oh well..these teenage songs GOT u to where U are now",although I don't really see Cheiron peroduction to Britney, Backstreet Boys and N Sync are childish...I really think the songs they made for them are so damn unique and sooo great lyrically and musically!!..although their music sounds similar,I mean they used the same instruments on their songs,but it is GREAT,if Britney had given herself the chance to work with them,Max would have invented a new pop as he did in 1998 all the way to 2001/02... u can notice the huge development musically!!

Back to Backstreet's topic...well, Sadly I guess Backstreet Boys are a complete flop...they actually couldn't make it with both their album and 2 singles...I personally see that Everything But Mine will be a waste of time and money!!!,and No Way Jive kicks them out,because they are huge and will make it again someday...remember Mariah Carey's flop era???

you know Suhail , We have the same thoughts so I tottaly agree on what you said

Rebecca

Yeah, I have been thinking that BSB might lose their record contract with Jive. I think this is the last album on their contract so it will be interesting if their contract is renewed.  Hopefully even if they do lose it, they will get a record contract with someone else or maybe they could finance one themselves - they have probably made enough money to do that.

Bad single choices for sure!

Unexpected

Quote from: Rebecca on January 18, 2008, 09:25:26 PM
Yeah, I have been thinking that BSB might lose their record contract with Jive. I think this is the last album on their contract so it will be interesting if their contract is renewed.  Hopefully even if they do lose it, they will get a record contract with someone else or maybe they could finance one themselves - they have probably made enough money to do that.

Bad single choices for sure!

Inconsolable was great , even everything but mine , I think helpless when she smiles is not a single worthy , after the flop of inconsolable the shoulld've wen with something more poppier maybe (everything but mine) , I don't know , all I know the album is really good ,

turnaround

I really hope they will go back to their roots and come to Sweden again to record some proper popsongs.

I still can't get over they didn't release "Climbing the walls", for me it was the best song with "Siberia" on the album.

Same for Kelly Clarkson. No Max, no hitsingle.
And I liked it..

*Sabine*

but what do you guys think of Any Other way? It may not be so awesome but it has some potential to be a single! By the way, Turnaround, I totally agree...Siberia and Climbing the walls were my 2 favorite tracks! such a pity they didn't release it!!!! -___-

malcolm hogg

Siberia is THE MOST UNDERATED piece of work that was done by anyone who was involved with cheiron at anytime from early 90's until present. Sometimes that is the only song i listen to all day. I will never tire of anything about that song!!!! That song should have been released, and along with good marketing, it would have brought a turn back to brilliant pop, DR luke and Take That can't do it all on there own!!!!! Hey Max, give us both, the hard edge pop, and the good old stuff, i think many people believe it is timeles, and all good music is timeless!!! 'Drowning' is as old as my nephew, but it aint lost anything during its 6 years of existence------anyone else get my point????
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Out

Agree about Any Other Way. I think it would be the best choice for single.

*Sabine*

Yes Drowning is an EXCELLENT song! But it doesn't involve Max, does it? The cd sleeve reads produced by Rami/Andreas Carlsson/Linda Thomson. By the way, do you have details on her? What else did she produce?

And Malcolm, i definitely agree with you! Music is like fashion...you just gotta pick old stuff and make them sound slightly different... For example, I'd like to see Britney back to her old pop, let's say Oops style! I wonder how it would do... in any case, couldn't be worse than where she is now...:(

ahmed

i agree with u sabine, i wish to see Britney doing her old pop with Max Martin, i'm sure we love what they will come up together.

i believe Britney was born to sing Max Martin music and that is the music that is suitable for her.

i wish Britney work with Max Martin again.

Feelgoodlies

I wish both Backstreet and Britney go back to the way they have launched their career from (Swedish Pop),but believe me guys everybody will make fun of them....

I believe something which is (Max can do POP as he used to) but no-one asked him to re-do/re-invent this music....I am pretty sure of it!!

malcolm hogg

I keep saying Max, i really mean cheiron, i know that Drowning wasn't the work of Max. But i really think that he forced the direction that cheiron went in even before Denniz died, i'm sure he was fundamental in creating the frame work that most of the music follows, both in lyrical direction, musical theory, production value, production technique and instrumentation. I see Max alomost as the Svengali that is behind everything that is/was cheiron, and all the various fragments that it has grown to be.
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Linda

I was re-listening to Drowning.. and I forgot how much i adore that song

I would kill to hear another Drowning-type song from them... :|

malcolm hogg

I totally agree. They definately have it in them.