• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

A new song by... me :-)

Started by Scott Martin :), December 22, 2008, 01:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Hi Guys, its just a rough mix, but this is a song Ive written.

Id love to hear your thoughts on the song. Feel free to be honest, if you like it, you like it, if not your cup of tea I understand too.

Please bear in mind, I recorded this at home, so its not going to sound like a million dollar record.  ;)

Just wanted to wish you and your Mum a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Also, here's a rough mix of 'Now I Can See' : http://www.sca-soundstudios.com/tracks/Now%20I%20Can%20See_RoughMix05.mp3

Peace,

Scott.

nshinnosuke

Who's the singer of this song?
Seriously, I LOOOOVEEEEEEE IT !!! especially the chorus..
it's a very nice pop/rock song that would fit Kelly Clarkson or Michelle Branch and it kinda reminds me of Driving One of Your Cars...
You must be an amazing songwriter,then..
Did you work on this song all by yourself alone?
I think you should send this song to Clive Davis or whoever he is,to be recorded by Kelly  :)

Thank you so much! The singer is a local girl I paid to sing the song, her name is Kasey McKenzie. The electric guitars were done by a friend of mine, Matt Williams.

I played the acoustic guitar, and programmed the bass and drums. (drums are Max's sample library from XLN Audio)

I wrote the song on my own, i always thought of Kelly Clarkson singing it, at every stage of the writing, so its nice to hear you say it would suit her.

Oh, and the background vocals are my wife, we recorded those last night.

Thanks again!

-Scott.

Raul_esp

congratulations , the record is amazing , very max/ dr luke , very kelly clarson yes , I loved It!!

*Sabine*

The song is very good and so is the singer. The structure of the song is prefect, the bridge is powerful. The only thing I could say is the chorus is a bit long. The end of the chorus lacks some catchiness. Maybe you could also add a hook , like a phrase that comes back all the time and that recalls the music pattern.
Anyways, that's very good, you're talented man!

Alex Martin

Good song,very max and luke. Congratulations!

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I have more songs to come..  ;)

*Sabine*

Can't wait!
Who is the singer you're working with? Is she a pro singer?

Hi Sabine, the singer is Kasey Mckenzie, a local girl I found here and paid for her to sing the song.

She is 'pro' in the sense that she is performing gigs a few nights a week, but she is really just starting out in her career. She is only about 20 years old, and has had very little studio experience, but she shows great promise I think.

Ive already discussed the idea of writing some songs for her. She wants a Leona Lewis type vibe.  8)

*Sabine*

Wow, impressive. She's lucky to have found a good songwriter to start with!

Thank you so much. You know, given the love you guys have for songs and songwriting, you humble me with your kind words.   :'(  ;)

Rebecca

well done Scott, it's very professional sounding. To me it's the same quality I hear on the radio. Kasey has a really good voice, I way prefer her voice to say Vanessa Amarosi or Gabriella Cilmi etc and prefer this song to theirs! It's quite catchy to me, I'd love to hear more of your songs!

Hey Rebecca, thanks very much!  :)

Ill post some more songs in the new year.

-Scott.