• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (Ilya, Savan Kotecha)

Started by smadaleinad, April 17, 2018, 11:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

Is the guitar solo from breathin written by Peter Svensson? Sounds similar like the solo on shameless by the weeknd also co written by him.
I wonder because he is also credited in Ariana's song.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on August 24, 2018, 07:29:26 PM
Is the guitar solo from breathin written by Peter Svensson? Sounds similar like the solo on shameless by the weeknd also co written by him.

Probably: guitar is his main instrument.

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on August 24, 2018, 07:29:26 PM

Guitar solos are never written.
Vila i frid Dag

AlexanderLaBrea

Most melodic guitar solos are written. Or what do you mean?

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on September 10, 2018, 12:07:39 PM
Guitar solos are never written.

He's being concrete about the subject... that's it.

Weird humor.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 10, 2018, 06:43:05 PM
He's being concrete about the subject... that's it.

Weird humor.

I don't know what you mean here.

"Real" guitar solos are improvised, not written. As e.g. van Halen's solo in Beat It.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on September 11, 2018, 11:43:51 AM

"Real" guitar solos are improvised, not written. As e.g. van Halen's solo in Beat It.

Too concrete. Come on.

nanofives

That doesn't sound very plausible inside Max's camp where everything is planned out meticulously.

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on September 12, 2018, 04:15:09 AM
That doesn't sound very plausible inside Max's camp where everything is planned out meticulously.

Where from do you have the information Peter wrote the "Shameless" guitar solo?

"8   Shameless
Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards [Keys] – Peter Svensson
Arranged By [Strings] – Mattias Bylund
Cello – David Bukovinszky
Co-producer – Abel "The Weeknd" Tesfaye*
Edited By [Vocal Editing] – Peter Carlsson (3)
Engineer [Assistant Engineered] – Cory Bice, Jeremy Lertola
Engineer [Engineered For Mix By] – John Hanes
Guitar Synthesizer [Synth Guitar Solo] – Klas Ålund
Mixed By – Serban Ghenea
Producer – Ali Payami, Max Martin, Peter Svensson
Programmed By [Additional Programming] – Max Martin
Programmed By, Drums, Synth, Keyboards [Keys], Bass – Ali Payami
Recorded By [Strings], Edited By [Strings] – Mattias Bylund
Recorded By, Engineer – Sam Holland
Violin – Mattias Johansson
Written-By – Abel "The Weeknd" Tesfaye*, Ahmad "Belly' Balshe*, Ali Payami, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha"
Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

I don't, I just wanted to point out something I've noticed, and I've noticed something similar in the solo of Rock N Roll by Avril Lavigne.
Maybe it's not the execution but the writing of the solo, which I don't think it's improvised at all.

AlexanderLaBrea

Yes, indeed that one is, which is why i said "most". Because guitar solos are generally quite like vocal melodies. You improvise over the music. Then you piece the best parts  together. Sometimes its pretty close to the improv, sometimes it takes a lot of working out.

Saying that only improvised solos are "real" solos is a big middle finger to most, if not pretty much all (including EVH) of the biggest guitar players. And in the case of a pop production like the others mentioned. Zero chance its a one take improv.

nanofives

She works very fast, damn. I wonder if she will come back to Max for her next album.