• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, February 26, 2020, 11:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/24ySl2hOPGCDcxBxFIqWBu?si=L_4oxt8YSeSGbY-5OIwEuQ[/spotify]

New song co written by Rami. Produced by Bloodpop, Tchami and BURNS. I think this one is catchier.

j.fco.morales

Very meh at first, second and third listen.

melodicmoonlight

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 23, 2020, 05:32:23 AM
Are you crazy?
Congratulations Ms. Grande, you overexposed yourself. People are already getting tried of your shtick and get rid of that stupid ponytail already. Grow up!

Snipes3000

Popstars don't have to grow up if they want to make #1 hits on billboard. These charts are traditionally led by the behaviour of teenagers. What we like is irrelevant, it's all about what the kids like. That's why that 69 rapper who looks funny is doing so well. He has star value, he appeals to these young teenagers. These teenagers probably love that line "you'r friend sucks a dick"  or whatever he is saying in that new song. Kids find such arguably tasteless lines entertaining. And you know what? When you are hookking the kids with lines, you are doing well on that aspect of the pop. Pop star music has always been about how does it appeal to the target group.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on May 23, 2020, 07:07:31 PM
Congratulations Ms. Grande, you overexposed yourself. People are already getting tried of your shtick and get rid of that stupid ponytail already. Grow up!

You're a joke. What the f are you doing on this forum, go home.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 24, 2020, 06:41:09 AM
You're a joke. What the f are you doing on this forum, go home.

Well I might be a Boomer but I know when music was good. Anything before Soundscan (Pre-1991) is my lane. Before formulas, before producer run songwriting, before streaming & when everything sounded organic. Disagree with me all you want, you know I'm at least right about something. Ok?

nanofives

What's the point? You came to the forum to brag about stuff you don't like. You should know that Cheiron was founded in 1992 so... that's after "your lane". Please do us a favor and leave, it's really not good for your health.

Snipes3000

But McCartneyMartin, read back your own comment on Ariana Grande and ask yourself how objective and substantive it really is. I've read your posts on this forum before and you can do much better than is comment on Ariana. You've once introduced yourself as a Cheiron fan on the forum, I suppose that was not an impulsive statement.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: Snipes3000 on May 24, 2020, 11:26:48 PM
But McCartneyMartin, read back your own comment on Ariana Grande and ask yourself how objective and substantive it really is. I've read your posts on this forum before and you can do much better than is comment on Ariana. You've once introduced yourself as a Cheiron fan on the forum, I suppose that was not an impulsive statement.
I like the old school stuff that Cherion did back in the early 90s to when studio closed back in the early aughts, I've always I thought Max Martin was an okay producer and songwriter but I really felt he should have just stuck doing metal with Its Alive, rather than gone full on Pop with Denniz Pop. He had a voice that almost could of rivalled most singers of the era but instead of going solo and actually making some music and getting to be well-known. He rather just be hiding behind someone else and let him take over the artist and have himself sing through them, (Take Britney Spears when you hear her on non Cherion tracks, she sounds a lot more organic and not like she's trying to sing like someone else). Bottom line if you listen to music before Max got big (which was like 1994 or sooner) it's more catchy and less formulaic then what he would of made after that date. Compare Madonna song from 84 to an Ariana grande song from last year to see which one would you like more and held up.

j.fco.morales

Well, I think the song is reductive.

No pun intended haha

AlexanderLaBrea

Jesus, literally nothing makes sense. First of all, you're joining a Cheiron and Max Martin fan forum on the basis that you like "pre-94-Cheiron" but don't like Max Martin. Basically you're saying that you're a huge Dr. Alban fan then? ´Cause Cheiron was founded in -92... Oh and two Ace of Base songs. All of which were extremely non-organic and "formulaic".

I have to respect your opinion if you like old music more than "new" music. But it's not Max Martin's fault (or sole doing) that pop music sounds like it does today. And you're pretty alone in thinking Britney sounds better on the non-Cheiron/Max songs seeing as he's made a majority of her biggest hits. Subjectively I much prefer "Into You" over "Vogue", but I like both old music and new music. You should try to broaden your horizons.

Still the question remains. Why are you here? It's a fan forum for Cheiron, of which you only enjoy like 5 songs out of hundreds and that you seem to think Max Martin destroyed pretty much.

I really can't let this slide either. It's NOT "could of" it's "could've". Please.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 25, 2020, 10:32:44 AM
Jesus, literally nothing makes sense. First of all, you're joining a Cheiron and Max Martin fan forum on the basis that you like "pre-94-Cheiron" but don't like Max Martin. Basically you're saying that you're a huge Dr. Alban fan then? ´Cause Cheiron was founded in -92... Oh and two Ace of Base songs. All of which were extremely non-organic and "formulaic".

I have to respect your opinion if you like old music more than "new" music. But it's not Max Martin's fault (or sole doing) that pop music sounds like it does today. And you're pretty alone in thinking Britney sounds better on the non-Cheiron/Max songs seeing as he's made a majority of her biggest hits. Subjectively I much prefer "Into You" over "Vogue", but I like both old music and new music. You should try to broaden your horizons.

Still the question remains. Why are you here? It's a fan forum for Cheiron, of which you only enjoy like 5 songs out of hundreds and that you seem to think Max Martin destroyed pretty much.

I really can't let this slide either. It's NOT "could of" it's "could've". Please.
so why you think that Into You is better than the classic Vogue? Vogue is more danceable, has a thicker groove and a dance classic of the early 90s.

AlexanderLaBrea

There is no right or wrong answer like you seem to imply. I like the production better. I love her voice and I think the melodies are pop magic! I like Vogue too. A classic! I like the Rolling Stones too, and spent half of my life listening to and playing metal. Still enjoy it at the same time as I enjoy Carly Rae Jepsen. That's the beauty of music. But I sure as hell wouldn't join a Beatles fan forum If I only liked the strings of Eleanor Rigby and pretty much hated the rest. Weird.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 25, 2020, 04:34:59 PM
There is no right or wrong answer like you seem to imply. I like the production better. I love her voice and I think the melodies are pop magic! I like Vogue too. A classic! I like the Rolling Stones too, and spent half of my life listening to and playing metal. Still enjoy it at the same time as I enjoy Carly Rae Jepsen. That's the beauty of music. But I sure as hell wouldn't join a Beatles fan forum If I only liked the strings of Eleanor Rigby and pretty much hated the rest. Weird.
I agree with everything you said, but I'm trying to figure out why has music become so formulaic since the 90s. Everything feels like that its predictable opposed to something from oh say the early 80s. I also think this has to do with the rise of the loudness war, with music becoming almost brick wall by the beginning of the millennium ever since. I think into you could have been a better song if it were a tad bit longer, more instrumental breaks, and maybe a proper 3rd verse that isn't a bridge. Something around 4:40 in that field. Even Vogue was 5:10 on the album cut. I don't know you tell me.