• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

www.maratone.se

Started by andrea, March 12, 2007, 11:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Quote from: "Linda"Alexandra left?  :(
Yes.
From myspace:

QuoteNow running her own studio and production/publishing company Maridox Songs. Administrated by Kobalt Music.
http://www.myspace.com/alexandratalomaa

Hits, do you know Max personally?
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "hits"Max is too much of a control freak to let people produce all of his music. Being only a songwriter would put him into a very passive situation. He'd almost no control over what the final version of a song would sound like.
I think what hits said was right, they don't bother.
A producer's myspace ain't the place to promote music!

On the other hand I disagree about the songwriting/producing. I don't think he bothers. You (hits) seem to know him pretty well to be able to call him a "control freak", hmm? ;-)

Personally I think within the next years they'll all settle down with their families somewhere and quit "working". (my thoughts)

Quote from: "turnaround"Hits, do you know Max personally?
*lol* Look at who's getting sweaty hands!!

Rebecca

I think it would be a great idea for Maratone to have a myspace though with Rami and Arnthor already having their own myspace, they probably won't bother to have a Maratone one also, I doubt we'll see Max having his own myspace!

Maybe Maratone isn't any longer, as Turnaround says, considering Rami lives half in the time in LA, maybe Max does too? and there would be plenty of studios they can use.

I think people do buy music because of the songwriters/producers - we do! and they'd be plenty more like us.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"I think people do buy music because of the songwriters/producers - we do! and they'd be plenty more like us.
...and that is why a Britney Spears board has 5000 registered users and we have 22...  :roll:

I agree there ARE people who buy music because of the producers, but that's probably about 2% of em all.
And 2% doesn't make an album sell 10 million copies...  :roll:

turnaround

10 million album buyers make 200 000 of them the songwriter-based purchasing people.
Not bad if you ask me. But who sells so many copies anyway these days.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: "®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ"
...and that is why a Britney Spears board has 5000 registered users and we have 22...  :roll:

I agree there ARE people who buy music because of the producers, but that's probably about 2% of em all.
And 2% doesn't make an album sell 10 million copies...  :roll:

Very true, though a long time ago (before Britney's 2nd pregnancy) there was a thread about who the rumoured producers were on her next album - but considering only about 10 people actually post on that site, it's only the diehards who are interested. Generally, fans aren't interested. oh well.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "turnaround"10 million album buyers make 200 000 of them the songwriter-based purchasing people.
To speak in your own words: As IF!  :roll:

Rebecca

Quote from: "turnaround"10 million album buyers make 200 000 of them the songwriter-based purchasing people.

well, it's a nice thought that there could be 200 000 people songwriter purchasing people! - you never know - one day!

i do think more people become interested in producers, especially with the internet and you can search and find out such information.

hits

Quote from: "Rebecca"

well, it's a nice thought that there could be 200 000 people songwriter purchasing people! - you never know - one day!

i do think it's more and more people all the time especially with the internet and you can search and find out such information.

Well, but Max doesnt want it any other way, he doesnt want people to buy records because of him. If he would've wanted to be a big star he would've craved the spotlight, like Timbaland. He's also just a producer, just like Max, but appears in almost all the videos of the songs he produced. Timbaland is famous for nothing else but producing. Max would've been able to get the same kind of exposure. Just imagine what a big star he would've been if he woulda appeared in all the BSB, NSYNC or Britney songs he produced/wrote.

Rebecca

oops, i just edited my post after you quoted it!

I like the way Max stays in the background (though I'd love to see more of him!). Timbaland, P Diddy and The Neptunes are everywhere! I like the separation between the artist and the songwriter, makes it more mysterious!

Rebecca

Quote from: "hits"

Well, but Max doesnt want it any other way, he doesnt want people to buy records because of him. If he would've wanted to be a big star he would've craved the spotlight, like Timbaland.

Yeah, I wonder whether he would want people to buy records because of him, I do agree that he would want to stay in the background and not have to deal with publicity and the hassles that go with being famous, but wouldn't he want to sell records? want some recognition??

I wonder if he checks the charts?

turnaround

Absolutely stupid.

It doesn't even matter HOW MANY of our likes exist, as long as we get the information about new songs somewhere it's fine with me, and there are admittedly not very much songs these days anymore from the writers
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Yes, it is very disappointing that there are not that many songs these days from the songwriters. Maybe if they released more they would run the risk of their songs becoming ordinary.

hits

Maybe there are not that many songs anymore because Max and the other guys arent really that good at writing in other styles than Teen/Dance Pop. The Britney and BSB pop that made Max and Cheiron big is obviously dead, there's no demand for it anymore.

turnaround

Many artists want to write themselves to be more credible in the genres there would be a demand.
Though Max showed that he can go ROCK and still deliver hits.
And I liked it..