• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (Ilya, Savan Kotecha)

Started by smadaleinad, April 17, 2018, 11:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

What really bothers me about NTLTC: The cut off reverb tail of the "oh yeah" between pickin' it up and I'm lovin'. It sounds so unwanted.
Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

Quote from: B Steady on November 06, 2018, 11:45:19 AM
What really bothers me about NTLTC: The cut off reverb tail of the "oh yeah" between pickin' it up and I'm lovin'. It sounds so unwanted.
The worst part is that it's everywhere in the song, including in the vocal intro that's in the music video.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on November 06, 2018, 02:14:17 PM
The worst part is that it's everywhere in the song, including in the vocal intro that's in the music video.

Dang!!! I didn't notice it!!! It's awful!!!

nanofives

Shouldn't i trust ASCAP?
It says that Breathin it's written by Max, Ilya, Savan and Ariana.

I wanted this song so bad to be written by Max lol

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on November 08, 2018, 03:11:25 AM
Shouldn't i trust ASCAP?
It says that Breathin it's written by Max, Ilya, Savan and Ariana.

I wanted this song so bad to be written by Max lol

And Peter Svensson.

iTunes says Ariana Grande, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Max Martin, Peter Svensson.

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 08, 2018, 05:32:31 AM
And Peter Svensson.

iTunes says Ariana Grande, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Max Martin, Peter Svensson.

I know, the point is that depending on the source the credits change. ASCAP doesn't list Peter, Spotify and Tidal doesn't list Max and Qobuz lists all five. I hate inconsistency.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on November 08, 2018, 02:26:38 PM
I know, the point is that depending on the source the credits change. ASCAP doesn't list Peter, Spotify and Tidal doesn't list Max and Qobuz lists all five. I hate inconsistency.

Well, Peter is mainly a guitarist and there are not many guitarist on the Cousins... even though Peter is not an official member.

But you actually can tell who produced each track based on the way it sounds.

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 08, 2018, 09:47:02 PM
Well, Peter is mainly a guitarist and there are not many guitarist on the Cousins... even though Peter is not an official member.

But you actually can tell who produced each track based on the way it sounds.

I know that with time and listening to many different songs of the same producer you can figure out who's doing each part (kinda), but credits are a way to reinforce what I'm hearing, and if the credits ain't right I can't confirm that.

The thing with Peter is easier to tell than Max, because I'm under the impression that the topline that Max does it's very similar than all of the Wolf Cousin's members (after all, they kinda took it up from Max initially I think) and now I don't really know when a song is made by Max or if it just channels max's style.

nanofives

Quote from: getawaydriver on November 12, 2018, 02:57:46 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqD0jZGgf4H/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

And on her IG story she's in the studio with Savan so maybe more Max / Wolf Cousins for her next album after all?
And maybe a collab with Victoria Monét

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll4PiBEWFvI

Dangerous Woman Diaries Ep1 - the light is coming

Plus, Mumford and Sons did Breathin on BBC Radio1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9oOkWSGfw

The guys from Mumford and Sons said Ariana is a big star, in a Whitney Houston type of star.

j.fco.morales

The video for thank u, next became viral and became her biggest song to date.

Ariana talked with Billboard about her career and next album, confirms working with Max and his team:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/events/women-in-music/8487877/ariana-grande-cover-story-billboard-women-in-music-2018.

"I've politely walked out of sessions before," says Grande. "It has happened. I'm a small girl. People tend to underestimate that. And then I sit down and comp my own vocals and can produce my own session, and they're like" -- here she adopts an excellent impersonation of a dopey man -- "'Oh, I didn't know you could do that.' I'm like, 'Believe it or not, there are plenty of tiny women that can do this.'"

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 05, 2018, 08:16:22 PM
The video for thank u, next became viral and became her biggest song to date.

Ariana talked with Billboard about her career and next album, confirms working with Max and his team:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/events/women-in-music/8487877/ariana-grande-cover-story-billboard-women-in-music-2018.

“I’ve politely walked out of sessions before,” says Grande. “It has happened. I’m a small girl. People tend to underestimate that. And then I sit down and comp my own vocals and can produce my own session, and they’re like” -- here she adopts an excellent impersonation of a dopey man -- “‘Oh, I didn’t know you could do that.’ I’m like, ‘Believe it or not, there are plenty of tiny women that can do this.’”

who would've thought... going into her fifth studio album that she's reaching a new career peak. she's become a true streaming artist, creating viral & enticing visuals as well as creating a controversial social media presence. the break up with Pete and the death of Mac Miller definitely fueled even greater interest in her - all eyes watching what her next move would be, which was Thank u, next.

good for her. excited to hear what AG5 will sound like.

*edit: great article, btw. lots of tid-bits about the next record that i bet she'll release around x-mas:

QuoteNow comes the polishing phase and the addition of some tracks with Martin and his team. It was the product of a lot of “feminine energy and champagne and music and laughter and crying. This [album’s] not particularly uplifting,” she says. “A lot of it sounds really upbeat, but it’s actually a super sad chapter.”

The music is defiant -- deep, bass-driven bangers with trap beats alternating with airy, sad ballads -- and aesthetically more adventurous than anything she has ever released. Some of the lyrics are so unambiguously personal and gutting that even if the singer were up for talking about them, most questions would be redundant. But one of the more upbeat tunes, “7 Rings,” has a backstory Grande is happy to discuss.

“It was a... challenging fall day in New York,” she begins, cracking up. “Me and my friends went to Tiffany’s together, just because we needed some retail therapy. You know how when you’re waiting at Tiffany’s they give you lots of champagne? They got us very tipsy, so we bought seven engagement rings, and when I got back to the studio I gave everybody a friendship ring.” She flashes a diamond ring on her right hand; Monét and Parx are wearing them as well. “That’s why we have these, and that’s where the song idea came from.”

She goes to her phone and presses “play,” and a party-ready twist on “My Favorite Things” booms out of the speakers. Grande whispers some asides to her friends, who are bopping along to the song. Then she starts to dance around the room in her bare feet, alone and smiling.

I'm imagining the latter to be similar to Gwen Stefani's "Wind it Up" and then '7 Rings' to be similar to Greedy/Pink Champagne.

j.fco.morales

Wind it uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! Love that track!

So weird.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UjJGNA4BL0

Mark Ronson, Miley Cyrus - No Tears Left To Cry (Ariana Grande cover) in the Live Lounge