• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

P!nk - new album Beautiful Trauma (with 3 Max songs)

Started by j.fco.morales, August 09, 2017, 11:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

turnaround

The credits are here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Trauma

There are 3 Max songs.

"Revenge" (featuring Eminem)   
W: Moore Marshall Mathers, Karl Sandberg, Karl Schuster
P: Max Martin,Shellback

"Whatever You Want"   
W: Moore, Sandberg, Schuster
P: Martin

"Secrets"
W: Moore, Sandberg, Schuster, Oscar Holter
P: Martin, Shellback, Holter
And I liked it..

nanofives

Wow, and some WF songs, is max the only producer on whatever you want? If so... it'd be the first time in almost 10 years that max is the only one producing a song.

turnaround

According to wikipdia there is even one more:

"For Now"
Moore, Michaels, Mattias Larsson, Robin Fredriksson, Sandberg

https://twitter.com/Shellback666/status/918869614771056640
And I liked it..

nanofives

@Shellback666 @Pink omg dare to suck is such iconic martin johan terminology 😹

https://twitter.com/lorde/status/919560572307251200

Seems like a few more people call Shellback Johan instead of Karl

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on October 15, 2017, 06:57:43 PM
@Shellback666 @Pink omg dare to suck is such iconic martin johan terminology 😹

https://twitter.com/lorde/status/919560572307251200

Seems like a few more people call Shellback Johan instead of Karl

Taylor calls him Johan as well.
Lorde must know Max and Shellback because of Taylor.

And I'm currently listening Beautiful Trauma and the first thing I hear is chimes and strings, like a Christmas song... :-\

Such a surprise to see The Struts on the credits. Loved the song.
But my absolute favorite tracks are the Greg Kurstin produced ones.

The da da da-da do dodo's in Secrets are SO Max.
Not really feeling any of the three tracks.

I expected more Greg Kurstin and Billy Mann songs in the album.

nanofives

Revenge is a banger, a huge one.
P!nk should release that as the second single, hoping for it to be the N1 Max song of this year.

SongsByGROVER

Yeah appears Revenge is the 2nd single. It's a cool tune, quite compelling in how weird it is.

But has anyone else noticed the enormous resemblance to 'Because I Got High' by Afroman? I hope they paid some sort of rights on that, otherwise they're gunna get so sued.. much more of a copy that Blurred Lines was! And a Max Martin lawsuit would be mad, big news probably!... No mention of Afroman or anyone else on the credits (as a sample/interpolation or as a writer other than Max/Shellback/Pink/Eminem)...

I'm also surprised that no one kicked up a fuss about "Hey Ya!" and "Shake It Off", that was also pretty blatent copying of the whole drum part, which they even admitted to (though much less striking than this one). Maybe they're just paying off these other people in private agreements?

turnaround

Because I Got High' by Afroman - this was my first association.

I wonder what happened behind the scenes. Taylor credited Right Said Fred for even less obvious interpolations.
And I liked it..

B Steady

What About Us could've been an absolute smash but the screams from the mid8 on are so super annoying. Completely overproduced and simply unnecessary. Are there other people in here who feel this way?

Whatever You Want: My favorite from the album. Sometimes it's "simple" productions like this, that make a song special. It's sad to see it's barely appreciated by you. @turnaround in the meantime wiki says "prod. by Max & Shellback". I don't think we'll ever get a solo Max production again.

Barbies is wonderful.

Where We Go is a smash!

For Now is too JM-esque, she should've used it for her EP instead what would've been a dumb decision economically.

Secrets is quite disappointing, weak chorus.

Better Life is such a cool song, Jack Antonoff on the beat 8)

You Get My Love is simply awful with all that screaming and these overproduced vocals.
Vila i frid Dag

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: turnaround on October 08, 2017, 06:43:07 PM

P!nk also refuses to work with Dr Luke again - stating he is "not a good person".
I wonder how all the hits happened when the atmosphere with Dr Luke is always that awful.

Many of today's pop stars owe Dr Luke their careers and should be grateful to him. I don't know if he's a good person or not, but he delivered big time... and let's be honest, super talented/highly intelligent tend to be disturbed in some way, either emotionally or character wise (or both). I'm not trying to justify a rape or any kind of creepy and violent behaviour but it looks like those Kesha's accusation were false.

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 16, 2017, 10:49:43 PM
[...]

And I'm currently listening Beautiful Trauma and the first thing I hear is chimes and strings, like a Christmas song... :-\

[...]

Well, it's your problem if this makes you think of Christmas.
Vila i frid Dag