• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cheiron Sound.. need your help!

Started by maxmartin'sfan, February 18, 2007, 10:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanth

Hello..

Okay, first of all, no link works for me.. ,,maxmartin'sfan"-myspace page works, but i can't find there any songs to listen to or even to download. Someone else got this problem? andreas songs don't work for me either..:(

@Tommy Nelson and maxmartin'sfan:

You use Cubase an VST-Plugins and instruments for the ,,cheiron-sound"? Could you recommend any plugins?  :)

I use Steinberg virtual bassist, Hammerhead Drummashine an Ableton Live 6. But i need alot of practising though ^^....

Very good song for the cheiron sound is i.m.h.o. the britney spears songs ,,oops!..i did it again" and ,,(You drive me) Crazy!"..Very, very good songs..typicaly cheiron-style..

Regards

maxmartin'sfan

haha!

Yes My Page Works.. But I don't write Song with cheiron sound!
it's too old.. I Can write Pop But with dance-hall, Rnb, Hip-hop, Techno Sound.. haha

I USe  Cubase...

You can use battery 3 for the beat... and Albino 3 like Synth... Very good sound!

Tommy Nelson

Hi Vanth0r and welcome. If you really want to make the classic Cheiron sound, don't use "virtual" computer software synth's. You will be disapointed with the results and won't get the sound your looking for. Go for the (original) gear they had at Cheiron if you want to get the real Cheiron sound. :wink:

maxmartin'sfan

I'm Agree with tommy.. It's too hard to have the classic cheiron Sound with VST!

Westhaven

Much of the Cheiron sound is in the arranging, the songs, the vocals etc. You can definitely come very close using VSTis, but to be perfectly honest: if you don't know a lot about synths and arranging you will probably not get close. Using the original gear is fine of course, but not everyone can do that.

Let's put it like this: Kristian or Martin could probably r e p l ic a t e the old Cheiron sound 99% with nothing but VSTis.. but someone who has all the gear but no knowledge couldn't come even close. It's not so much what you have, it's what you do with it :)

An example: They never used "fancy" chords like 7ths etc. Always "3-finger" chords. I remember back in the day when everyone tried to copy the Cheiron sound, and a lot of the copycats didn't understand this simple "rule"..

Westhaven

This word causes the "no post mode" bug: r e p l i c a t e

spaces added so I could write the word :)

turnaround

replicate

Edit: Weird, it worked!
But I had the problem too with other words.

Yes, putting spaces between it, if you know which causes it helps!

Sorry for the inconvenience!
And I liked it..

Westhaven

yes I couldn't even reply to your post because of the bad word in it..

So it's like some words are illegal for me but not for you, and probably the other way around... phpbb is usually pretty problem free..

andrea

Quote from: "Westhaven"An example: They never used "fancy" chords like 7ths etc. Always "3-finger" chords. I remember back in the day when everyone tried to copy the Cheiron sound, and a lot of the copycats didn't understand this simple "rule"..

eh eh, you're completely right! :lol:

princessofegypt

Tommy Nelson

Hey everyone :) I agree with Westhaven. They used MANY simple "3-finger" chord progression's on their songs. Also, not everything was always "musicly correct" in the classicly trained sense. Simple, catchy, and "Direct-effective" is how you get (in Martin's word's) the "Clean lines" of the Cheiron sound.

*Sabine*

Andrea, I know it's long ago but could you repost your demos sounding like Cheiron? I would just love to hear them! Grazie!

andrea

oh, i do not have that file no more, but recently i made something better... still without the chorus...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cp2k2q

*Sabine*

thanks! it's really a nice verse... good rythm and nice melody. well done for a demo! let us know when you do more  ;)makes me feel like to put lyrics on it!! do you use cubase or protools?