• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Little Mix - Cannonball (UK Xfactor winners)

Started by turnaround, December 13, 2011, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Little Mix are a band from the UK. They won the current series of XFactor.

Their debut single is a cover but it's pretty catchy.

What do you think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_OLxhUpic

And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Good song , but nothing special , wrong choice for first single in my opinion , I miss the time that factor x winners released amazing not cover songs like ''Bleeding love''...

turnaround

Too many covers yes.
They only had one original winner song: "That's my goal"

The songwriters give probably their best to have their songs chosen as a winning song but eventually the producers of the show chose a cover as it's playing safe.  Jörgen said this once in an interview.

QuoteBut take a song like Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah – that could never have been written by a computer program.

True. But if I had written that song today and brought it to Simon Cowell, he would have said: "What's this crap?" and thrown it in the bin. He chose that song for the X Factor finalists because it's famous and has already created emotional ties with the public. That's the only reason he's willing to use it.

Simon was looking for a new Nessun Dorma for ages. We wrote songs until we were blue in the face – fantastic songs – for the Il Divo record. But he just couldn't hear it. I said: "If I brought in Nessun Dorma today, as a new song, would you be able to hear that it's a great song?"

"Good question," he said. "I'm not sure I would."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/dec/18/jorgen-elofsson-britney-leona-lewis
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on December 13, 2011, 11:51:19 PM
Too many covers yes.
They only had one original winner song: "That's my goal"

The songwriters give probably their best to have their songs chosen as a winning song but eventually the producers of the show chose a cover as it's playing safe.  Jörgen said this once in an interview.

QuoteBut take a song like Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah – that could never have been written by a computer program.

True. But if I had written that song today and brought it to Simon Cowell, he would have said: "What's this crap?" and thrown it in the bin. He chose that song for the X Factor finalists because it's famous and has already created emotional ties with the public. That's the only reason he's willing to use it.

Simon was looking for a new Nessun Dorma for ages. We wrote songs until we were blue in the face – fantastic songs – for the Il Divo record. But he just couldn't hear it. I said: "If I brought in Nessun Dorma today, as a new song, would you be able to hear that it's a great song?"

"Good question," he said. "I'm not sure I would."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/dec/18/jorgen-elofsson-britney-leona-lewis

Yeah , it's true , but in the covers the original are better always.

sforzando

Thnx for sharing. I really like this song ;) Personally, I prefer Little Mix and Marcus version to the original one.
I hardly like any songs this year (even Max's songs) except for With ur love,Take a chance on me and this song.

turnaround

Old thread, but they are still around.

The new single "Black Magic" will be a UK #1 and probably also a hit in the US.

They also wrote Britney's song with Iggy (which kinda flopped though)

Black Magic is really catchy. Give it a spin :)

https://open.spotify.com/track/33NHr7lu7tCMjK05jUj1v0
And I liked it..

ShockdioN

j.fco.morales

Adam B

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 16, 2015, 05:25:47 PM
I like it, but the video is really WEIRD.

An 80s song with a high school movie video, nothing wierd with that.

Black Magic is the most interesting song of the summer.  :)

melodicmoonlight

big Whitney "Dance With Somebody" vibes. great song with a big memorable chorus and chant.

Adam B

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on August 14, 2015, 06:33:05 AM
big Whitney "Dance With Somebody" vibes. great song with a big memorable chorus and chant.

I hear a lot of st. elmos fire in it..

Little Mix are really great, so many of their previous hits sound just like what I want music to sound like right now. Great songwriting, AMAZING production and voices that fit like a glove. Can't really believe I just said that bout a girl band..

More music like this please

turnaround

And I liked it..