• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Benny Khaos [producer]

Started by B Steady, January 28, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Hey guys!

I'm also producing music by myself. This is my latest production. Hope you like it! :)

http://www.soundcloud.com/bsteady/determined
Vila i frid Dag

A.R.T.

B Steady

Not yet in there but I left some room for female vocals :) (which I am searching for!)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Just had a listen to several tracks, and you've got some awesome creativity going on. Some really nice dark Timbaland vibe stuff, and the couple of dance tracks I liked too. I think if you could expand on it a bit and really build it up in places, "Danger" could have genuinely huge potential for an r&b/rap artist. Actually I think most tracks had brilliant parts, just that some needed to be changed up a bit so they don't get too samey all the way through. Definitely keep it up! :)

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on January 29, 2013, 01:24:00 PM
Just had a listen to several tracks, and you've got some awesome creativity going on. Some really nice dark Timbaland vibe stuff, and the couple of dance tracks I liked too. I think if you could expand on it a bit and really build it up in places, "Danger" could have genuinely huge potential for an r&b/rap artist. Actually I think most tracks had brilliant parts, just that some needed to be changed up a bit so they don't get too samey all the way through. Definitely keep it up! :)

thank you very much!!! I'm really pleased :)
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

I liked your track, it sounded good. Looking forward to hearing it with some vocals. well done.

B Steady

This evening I'll upload a new instrumental with a few Cheiron influences :)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

That's a whole lotta kick drum! ;D I quite like it for all it's old school magic... do you have a melody for it yet? Would be great with some strong, thick Backstreet style harmonies.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on February 26, 2013, 01:53:10 PM
That's a whole lotta kick drum! ;D I quite like it for all it's old school magic... do you have a melody for it yet? Would be great with some strong, thick Backstreet style harmonies.

Actually only two kick drums but yeah, it's fat! :) thank you!! :) Until now I'm not writing lyrics or thinking of vocal melodies. But this will come :)
Yes, the instrumental already sounds bit like 1999/2000 Backstreet Boys doesn't it?
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

hey B-Steady!

Good solid groundwork. Soooo tempting to write a melody for it! :-))

keep up to the good work and keep finetuning. Also add some variations in the 2nd verse or 2nd chorus. There must be a new element each time to add some new audio.

I really like both of the links you posted. Great potential in my opinion!

Axel

one question though: For determined, are you aware that the chords in the chorus are the same as in "Love the way you lie" (a song I truly adore, the melody is pure bliss) by Eminem & Rihanna? I was whistling the melody of the song to your chorus and it fits right in. Maybe a slight variation could help a lot with one of these chords. Then again, Eminem & Rihanna certainly weren't the first to have this chord progression either. :)

B Steady

Wow, thank you for that feedback!!! I really appreciate it ! :)

it's not only LTWYL, I mean there are so many songs with this progression - it's like the default progression in pop music haha! :)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

btw my latest production for you guys:

https://soundcloud.com/bsteady/better

this time it's dance-pop :)
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

hi B Steady! (or Servus nach Augsburg for that matter (ich wohne in Basel).  :-)

I think your stuff is good from the ideas and concepts, even the chords are fine. I think the only area you need to work on (and I saw you've made huge progress since 2010 (I've gone through all of your tracks on Soundcloud)), is the modernity of your samples/VSTi's. Your mix is not up to par with what's out there either, but neither is mine, but that's an area that takes a long learning-curve and you're already making a lot of progress in that area as well. But I think it would take your tracks to a whole new level if you had one or two great sample-packs for drums and a nice VSTi. What are you currently using equipmentwise? If you manage to make your songs sound less "dated" at least from the selection of sounds, it would give your material a massive boost.

heck, maybe other users disagree with my view, but I just thought I'd share my opinion.