• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_A24

An NzNexus, I heard that Luke worked with Shakira, Britney and JLO during the past year, so let's see if something comes out of it. Actually, Shakira was supposed to sign a deal with Kemosabe at some point, but nothing has come out of it.

melodicmoonlight

I still don't hear a loud crackling right after the snare.

Quote from: J_A24 on October 21, 2013, 08:32:57 AM
It's obnoxious and a punch line. It works.

15 year old girls will sing that part out loud in their pyjama parties.

Dat talk box solo after International Smile's bridge tho', why is no one is talking about that?

Or Ghost's chorus melody that goes like "There's just an echo where your heart used to be and now I see it clearly"... so good.

Or Max's Background vocals on Unconditionally in the outro.

Oh and Walking on air was a good idea that was not very well executed. And I was so pumped for the Bloodshy track, and it kinda let me down because I thought it was going to be something completely out of left field as always, but it sounded like the album. Still a decent song.

Album sounds very "Empire of the sun" sometimes. Which is a great thing, their latest album is amazing.

Totally agree with you about Walking on Air and the Bloodshy track. I mentioned twice the amazing talk box effect post-bridge. Wish it happened more on the album and more pop albums in general. Love it on Ke$ha's "Warrior." The Bloodshy track is so trite and fluffy. Nothing interesting about it except maybe the formant shift vocals in the bridge. Even though it was done best on the stuff they did for Sky Ferreira (Haters Anonymous). Walking on Air is a great tune but could've used a hell of a lot better vocal production - I think that's the biggest thing I notice. the sample is a little lazy, and the drop could've been more powerful.

love the adlibs at the end of Legendary Lovers - that track might be the best on the whole album I really think. Ghost has a great melody and her vocals really 'fit' the melody at those lines: "There's just an echo where your heart used to be...etc" and the vibrato on vision's in the "my vision's 20/20" line.

Spiritual and Double Rainbow have grown on me. I think This Moment is pretty darn corny. I would think with Benny Blanco's involvement, the songs would've been crisp and catchy as hell. But maybe Stargate fucks that classic Benny sound up, since they seem to be a pair nowadays (Diamonds). the album as a whole is a superb pop album though. when Roar comes up I remember how well produced that song is as well.

nznexus

there was a huge article about katy and her album and about max in our local newspaper last week. she will be coming to sweden too next year and doing her tour.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Back to the clicks:

The 1st and 3rd are panned to the left side, the 2nd and the 4th are in the center.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Quote from: nznexus on October 22, 2013, 09:47:24 AM
there was a huge article about katy and her album and about max in our local newspaper last week. she will be coming to sweden too next year and doing her tour.
Oh, what's your local newspaper?

Reminds me: I still need to get The New Yorker :o
And I liked it..

nznexus

when katy was in stockholm she met robyn. these two was touring around two years ago and got to know eachother.
she especially praised max martin in the interview... he always does the best

and they will continue to cooperate as far as  i know and read

they made half of prism in stockholm, the rest in santa barbara

actually the song by the grace of god is about her partner and comedian russel brand.

oddly enough, i went to the same school with one of the producers who made teaser trailers for roar by katy perry. didnt know it was him

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Legendary Lovers:
Katy's "drum" delay after the mid-8 is slightly off-beat!
Vila i frid Dag

Tiiger

The album isn't too bad, actually. I'm no Katy Perry-fan but I rather like Prism.  8)
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 22, 2013, 06:36:34 PM
Legendary Lovers:
Katy's "drum" delay after the mid-8 is slightly off-beat!

She probably recorded that part without the drum track, it gives it a more humanizing effect. Boy, you're really looking into it.

B Steady

These are things that are annoying me! No matter what's the reason for the fact that it's offbeat, they could've fixed it!!!
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Also the beat fade-out in TIHWD is way too fast. That way it's obvious it'll come back.
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

On the off-beat delay I'm pretty sure they intended for it to be that way, because the other way more often than not, sounds too generic. This way sounds more live. Maybe you should open your mind a bit.

And about the "clicks" again, it is a gated vinyl effect, the reason you hear it after the hit is because the release is slower. I don't think any of the things you're bringing up are blatant technical mistakes, I think they're just part of the song as it is. It doesn't make the listening experience lesser, unless you're trying to look for something wrong in each song and don't focus on what matters most.

As for the This is how we do fade out, I kinda agree that the whole execution of "bring the beat back" could've been better and more original. Like the Stop! remix for Britney's "Crazy" :p

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on October 23, 2013, 12:02:17 AM
On the off-beat delay I'm pretty sure they intended for it to be that way, because the other way more often than not, sounds too generic. This way sounds more live. Maybe you should open your mind a bit.

And about the "clicks" again, it is a gated vinyl effect, the reason you hear it after the hit is because the release is slower. I don't think any of the things you're bringing up are blatant technical mistakes, I think they're just part of the song as it is. It doesn't make the listening experience lesser, unless you're trying to look for something wrong in each song and don't focus on what matters most.

As for the This is how we do fade out, I kinda agree that the whole execution of "bring the beat back" could've been better and more original. Like the Stop! remix for Britney's "Crazy" :p

I have an own appreciation of pop music since I'm a "producer" too, also I have a certain expectation for Max/Luke/Cirkut songs!

I never called them mistakes, I've just been listening to the album and noticed a few things. I'm not searching, I'm just finding. sometimes it's not a good thing to have such great ears ;)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 22, 2013, 06:49:12 AMn. I mentioned twice the amazing talk box effect post-bridge. Wish it happened more on the album and more pop albums in general.

If it had happened more on this album it would've became boring.
Vila i frid Dag