• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on October 23, 2013, 02:52:14 AM
If it had happened more on this album it would've became boring.

that effect could never become boring. You're quite a contrarian. take a chill pill

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 23, 2013, 02:06:51 AM
I have an own appreciation of pop music since I'm a "producer" too, also I have a certain expectation for Max/Luke/Cirkut songs!

I never called them mistakes, I've just been listening to the album and noticed a few things. I'm not searching, I'm just finding. sometimes it's not a good thing to have such great ears ;)

You never said the word "mistakes", but you did say that you'd wish they could "fix" the things you "find" annoying. Anyways, I just think that your remarks are pretty trivial about some of the things that you hear from their songs like many aspiring producers who look up to top producers.

And I'm not trying to offend you or anything, I just think that it's better to focus on more important details when you have an amazing set of ears. :)

j.fco.morales

Well, I understand what Benny tried to say.
Obviously, these things are intentional, but it depends of your aesthethics as well.

I also find strange and I don't feel some of these stuff but it doesn't bother me that much either...

B Steady

@melodicmoonlight: we were never expecting this effect so it came out of nowhere and we were blown away by the talk box. But if it was a second time on this album I would think: oh ok, this effect again! I mean Max, Luke and Cirk have so many signature sounds they use loads of times on one album so it's freshening when they use a new element only once per album.

@j_a24: for me the off beat delay takes the song's momentum. That's why it's annoying me that much.

Of course I could say "Wow Max, Luke and Cirk are so great and I still love their songs" but I think that's obvious and then we had nothing to talk about so I throw in the details I've noticed. I wanna see if you hear them as well, what you think about it etc. That way we get to know each other's appreciation of music. It's so amazing we all are here in this forum to talk about things we have no one in real life for.

And if I talk here about things that are annoying me it doesn't mean I'm not focusing on other things. My "top 10 prism-moments" will come!

@jose: exactly, when you're a musician by yourself you have an own appreciation of music!
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

just bought the CD from Target. love the packaging. and LYRICS! yay

georg_e

"Ghost" -- humble beginnings as background music for tear jerking Ke$ha scene, lol 
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StII0BkWExk    12.04 sec

B Steady

LOL :D

How she's failing at the beginning tho! But I'm sure they used it for the album since her voice is always auto tuned as hell :D

And I never thought that weird sound at the end of the "warrior" chorus was a sound made by Ke$ha :o
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on October 26, 2013, 06:59:17 PM
LOL :D

How she's failing at the beginning tho! But I'm sure they used it for the album since her voice is always auto tuned as hell :D

And I never thought that weird sound at the end of the "warrior" chorus was a sound made by Ke$ha :o
It's weird that "Ghost" went to KP, since ghosts are Ke$ha's whole THING!!  (Including the one in her........well -- that's another story :D

georg_e

Quote from: georg_e on October 26, 2013, 07:05:06 PM
   It's weird that "Ghost" went to KP, since ghosts are Ke$ha's whole THING!!  (Including the one in her........well -- that's another story :D
She explains it here on Jimmy Kimmel show at 2.49 sec      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj2f6vgLdes

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on October 21, 2013, 01:17:25 AM
This is hilarious!

Just watched the lyric video for unconditionally on vevo and there I can hear no clicks. On the one side the CD quality is way better than the vevo quality but on the other hand it sounds like they cleaned up the vevo version ???

Sorry I'm a bit behind the times, but I just checked this out, and I can hear the clicks loud and clear on the official lyric video. It's definitely louder than the vinyl crackle in there. It doesn't sound like they intended it to fade because it's so deliberate and cuts off in time, but whether the click is also intentional who knows. I'm going to go with saying it's intentional just so it doesn't make me think any less of the song, which sounds silly I know! :D There are definitely songs out there with edit mistakes in them, I can think of two past singles off the top of my head, but never have I noticed anything in something Max has worked on.

Rebecca

I only just bought my copy the other day, I am really enjoying it so far!
My favourites:

Birthday (sounds a bit Janet Jackson to me)
This is How We Do
International Smile
Dark Horse
Roar

George, I agree, I think Prism will do better than Teenage Dream!

B Steady

I'll never get how people can name TIHWD as one of their favorite songs from prism ???

Ghost sounds so like Jessie J's Gold. Especially the last part of the song, same melody as the Gold chorus.
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

so much hype about this album lol..

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on October 28, 2013, 08:08:20 PM
I'll never get how people can name TIHWD as one of their favorite songs from prism ???

TIHWD is my absolute favourite off of "Prism" - from the first listen! Brilliant pop!!!!  ;)

Raul_esp

Quote from: Jules on October 29, 2013, 02:02:52 AM
TIHWD is my absolute favourite off of "Prism" - from the first listen! Brilliant pop!!!!  ;)

I love it too , it's SuperCatchy!