• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

A side and Max working with Leona Lewis X-Factor winner 2006

Started by NIKLAS"NiCkY", June 04, 2007, 08:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

I'm not really impressed with Leona's album to be honest
I bought it
listened to it once and that was it :-\

Rebecca

Yeah me too. I got my copy from Ebay yesterday. I have listened to most of it and probably won't go back to to it except to hear I Will Be and A Moment Like This and I'll have some more listens to Footprints in The Sand.

It is not that great an effort - too many covers!
Homeless, I Will Be, The First Time Ever I saw Your Face and A Moment Like This
and a Jesse Mccartney reject!

I am appalled that she recorded The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - it is one of all time least favourite songs! Yuk!

I think I prefer her version of Homeless to Darin's or maybe it just sounds so much better compared to most of her other songs.

Linda

yea, "the first time I ever saw your face" is quite boring

Rebecca

haha, okay, okay, maybe i'm being a little mean. It might not be a JMC reject.
I suppose the word reject is a bit harsh! JMC probably decided the song wasn't right for him.

turnaround

In this interview you can listen to him talking about the song and how it came Leona sings it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSWUu3e581o

It is hard to categorize what happened to that song, but it is really a kind of a reject.
And I liked it..

Markus1981

I'm surprised people don't like this album to be honest, I think it's fab (apart from a couple of boring tracks towards the end of the album - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face yawwwwnnnnn!) I love Homeless and think she does it as well as Darin's version now - but I still mucho love Darin!! I also think her version of I Will Be is great and Take A Bow is amazing.

Thanks for the JMC clip, interesting to hear him talking about the song.

Rebecca

For me, it's not that I don't like Leona's album it's just that there is not enough songs that make me want to go back and listen to it.
I really like her version of I Will Be, Homeless and A Moment Like This but that's kinda of it.

Maybe it's the sort of album that might grow on me, but I just don't know.

turnaround

I have to say without the Scandinavian songs (Footprints, Angel, I will be, Homeless) the album would be nothing.  :-[
And I liked it..

Tiiger

Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: turnaround on November 21, 2007, 11:14:36 AM
I have to say without the Scandinavian songs (Footprints, Angel, I will be, Homeless) the album would be nothing.  :-[

you have so right! I think footprints is the best song on the album, homeless is okey better with leona then darin, i will be is okey to.....but baby one more time with britney is the best  ???
If you can dream it, you can be it.

turnaround

Quote from: ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ on November 21, 2007, 01:14:08 PM

Quote from: turnaround on November 02, 2007, 03:31:45 AM
I love right now:

Leona Lewis - Bleeding love

*lol*
Ok for you:

The album would have one good song on it.
1 Song - that's literally really nothing when you consider people have waited for months.

And I liked it..

Linda

Quote from: Markus1981 on November 20, 2007, 11:15:10 PM
I'm surprised people don't like this album to be honest, I think it's fab (apart from a couple of boring tracks towards the end of the album - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face yawwwwnnnnn!) I love Homeless and think she does it as well as Darin's version now - but I still mucho love Darin!! I also think her version of I Will Be is great and Take A Bow is amazing.

Thanks for the JMC clip, interesting to hear him talking about the song.

Its too ballady for me.........

Unexpected

Quote from: NIKLAS"NiCkY" on November 21, 2007, 03:15:00 PM

, homeless is okey better with leona then darin,

If you meant Leona's Version is better , let me say NOOO  , I think darin did a great job in this song .

and by the way maybe alot would not agree with me , Leona has a great voice no one can say otherwise , But there's something missing (when she sings , she's not feeling the lyrics , she's like in another world , it was obvious in Homeless  Darin put alot of Emotions in the song , but Leona she just sing