• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

I hate that the Vocals on Shameless sound so muffled. The production is so clear but the vocals aren't, so I guess it was intended.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Mariah Carey covers story on Complex mag:

"Their battles -between her and her label- weren't just about release dates, but about creative control over their music, Carey says. "If Michael Jackson were alive he could sing, [The Weeknd's] 'Can't Feel My Face.' He could sing any of those songs. And sometimes it reminds me, 'Oh, I wish that Michael would've had a song like this'—I loved when he did [the 2001 song] 'Butterflies' and songs like that. They would always hate on that at Sony because they wanted him to do these big pop records." By and large, labels aren't interested in pop superstars proclaiming their independence. The Weeknd famously rejected songs Swedish superproducer Max Martin wrote for him. Martin eventually opened up to collaborating on the writing, which birthed the Weeknd's No. 1 pop breakthrough "Can't Feel My Face.""

http://www.complex.com/music/mariah-carey-interview-2016-cover-story

bugmenot

What? When? Which songs Weeknd rejected?

UPD I found it nytimes.com/2015/08.

QuoteMartin's team presented Tesfaye with a selection of prewritten material, and he rejected it all.

Complex author garbled instrumental "Material" and whole "Song".

AlexanderLaBrea

Rebecca

I think what Mariah Carey means is that The Weeknd rejected the original versions of songs Max wrote and then The Weeknd re-wrote parts to suit him better and the collaborated with Max. It was for Can't Feel My Face and I think also Love Me Harder.

j.fco.morales

I think Mariah just talked without knowing just because Can't Feel My Face is heavily Michael Jackson inspired.

j.fco.morales

"False Alarm", a new song from Starboy is available as pre-order.

Written by Abel Tesfaye, Martin McKinney, Ahmad Balshe, Benjamin Diehl, Henry Russell Walter & Emmanuel Nickerson.

Polarmachine

Might as well write about Starboy in this section since Max apparently got some songs on Starboy  8)

I really enjoyed Starboy the song and kinda thought he wouldn't work with Max this time around to move somewhere new so to speak. But Max got 4 songs on this.

Rockin'
Abel Tesfaye, Max Martin, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami & Ahmad Balshe
Love To Lay
Abel Tesfaye, Max Martin, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami & Ahmad Balshe
A Lonely Night
Abel Tesfaye, Max Martin, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami, Ahmad Balshe & Jason Quenneville
Ordinary Life
Abel Tesfaye, Max Martin, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami, Ahmad Balshe, Martin McKinney & Henry Russell Walter

I'm kinda pumped to hear Ordinary Life cuz it's been quite some time since Max worked with Cirkut!

uberweiss

Omg! Great surprise.

And nice to see Max & Cirkut on a song together again.

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I somehow feel like The Weenkd only used pop songs to get established but in the end, he will continue the alternative route.

He's smart.

Dr. Fleischman

turnaround

Rockin'
The Weeknd, Main Artist - Max Martin, Author, Composer, Producer - Ali Payami, Author, Composer, Producer - Abel Tesfaye, Author, Composer, Co-Producer - Sam Holland, Engineer - Cory Bice, Asst. Recording Engineer - Jeremy Lertola, Asst. Recording Engineer - Kazue Lika Tatsushima, Additional Vocals - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - John Hanes, Mix Engineer - Peter Svensson, Author, Composer - Savan Kotecha, Author, Composer - Ahmad Balshe, Author, Composer

Love To Lay
The Weeknd, Main Artist - Ali Payami, Author, Composer, Producer - Abel Tesfaye, Author, Composer, Producer - Jeremy Lertola, Asst. Recording Engineer, Clapping - Peter Svensson, Author, Composer, Guitar - Max Martin, Author, Composer, Guitar, Producer - Sam Holland, Engineer - Cory Bice, Asst. Recording Engineer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - John Hanes, Mix Engineer - Savan Kotecha, Author, Composer - Ahmad Balshe, Author, Composer

A Lonely Night
The Weeknd, Main Artist - Max Martin, Author, Composer, Producer - Ali Payami, Author, Composer, Producer - Ryland Blackinton, Guitar - Sam Holland, Engineer - Noah "Mailbox" Passovoy, Engineer - Cory Bice, Asst. Recording Engineer - Jeremy Lertola, Asst. Recording Engineer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - John Hanes, Mix Engineer - Abel Tesfaye, Author, Composer - Peter Svensson, Author, Composer - Savan Kotecha, Author, Composer - Ahmad Balshe, Author, Composer - Jason Quenneville, Author, Composerville, Author, Composer[/glow]

Ordinary Life
The Weeknd, Main Artist - Doc McKinney, Engineer, Producer - Cirkut, Engineer, Producer - Cory Bice, Asst. Recording Engineer - Jeremy Lertola, Asst. Recording Engineer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - John Hanes, Mix Engineer - Abel Tesfaye, Author, Composer - Max Martin, Author, Composer - Peter Svensson, Author, Composer - Savan Kotecha, Author, Composer - Ali Payami, Author, Composer - Ahmad Balshe, Author, Composer - Martin McKinney, Author, Composer - Henry Russell Walter, Author, Composer

And I liked it..

Polarmachine

Secrets, Love To Lay, I Feel It Coming is dope. Especially the last one gives me a great feeling. (And is the one I've heard most)

Isn't there something very ABBA'ish about those chords in the section right after the chorus in Secrets  :o There is a song it reminds me of and I think it is by Abba.

SO Many songs on the album I have to listen more before I rate any songs. What do u guys think ?