• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Hello everyone!

Started by Poptasticuk, April 03, 2009, 06:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poptasticuk

I thought I'd introduce myself as I just joined this forum yesterday. I don't know why I never checked to see if there was a forum about Max Martin before, because I've been obsessed with his music for as long as I can remember. I'm 21 now so at the time I was first getting into music, his songs (eg. BSBs and Britney) were all the rage, and I definitely think that if there hadn't been such strong pop music around at that time, I would not be such a huge pop fan as I am today. Maybe I would like another type of music, or not be really into music at all!

I didn't realise at the time that many of the pop acts who I liked but weren't really popular in the UK, such as Robyn and Solid HarmoniE, were singing Max Martin songs. I often wonder if Max deserves to be mentioned so much more often than the other Swedish writers, but then I listen to his back-catalogue, ranging from the early 90s to today, and every song sounds as good as it did when I first heard it. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best song writer of our age.

Anyway, a little about me: My name is Jessica, I am from Oxfordshire in England, but I study in the seaside town of Brighton. Has anyone been there? I love Swedish things so much that I did a semester in Gothenburg in 2007, and later this year I am planning to go to Stockholm to do a Masters in Anthropology. As you can imagine, I plan to spend most of my time going to gigs and trying to meet my favourite stars! Is anyone else here living in Sweden? Anyone from Stockholm?

Another thing about me is that I have been writing 2 pop music blogs for the last 6 years! They are both linked to in my signature. Maybe some of you have visited them at some time to find info on your favourites bands or writers. I write about songwriters a lot, especially Max Martin, and I am always writing about music by Swedish singers or writers. If you haven't already, you should take a look and tell me what you think of the site! I always like to get some feedback.

Right, that's all for now. Please do introduce yourselves to me, too!

Jessica

Alex Martin

Welcome to the forum Jessica. ;)

*Sabine*

Jessica, I'm really glad to meet you. You introduced yourself really nicely!
My name's Sabine, I'm 22 and from Toulouse (France). I've been several times to England, London, Brighton, Shakespeare's town... I really love your country and language (I used to study English). Like you, I love Sweden and wanted to do an Erasmus there but fate decided to make me do it in Italy, which I don't regret at all anyways. But I'd dream to go to Sweden for another exchange or internship (I'm a business student). Sweden is awesome, I've been there twice. Twice to Stockholm and once, I kind of toured the country...
Hope you keep posting here and enjoy it!
See you   ;)

Raul_esp

Wellcome jessica!! , I'm happy to see how you are another max-addicted , another person what feels something  special when hearts max songs , he is really special , his songs are magic , and I agree as you have told if werent by max I wouldnt love pop music as now I love it .

Poptasticuk

Nice to meet you, Alex, Sabine and Raul!

nshinnosuke

oh you're so nice to introduce yourself here :)
Hello,Jessica,are you the writer of a blog called poptastic? I remember seeing it,but I forgot which one is it specifically...
a little about me :
My name's Rnaldi from Indonesia and I'm 16 but I'll be 17 this October.
I wasn't a very big fan of music in the past as much as I do now,I remember during my early childhood I listened to Backstreet Boys and N Sync's first albums.
Then a few years later I fell in love with Britney and much of Cheiron's songs...
(of course,at that time I didn't know what is cheiron and who's Max Martin).
I think 1999-2001 was a great time for Pop music while 1998-2000 was the best for R&B (I would go crazy for Darkchild's songs).
But then pop music declined and I didn't listen to any music at all for some time around 2002-2003.
Until I fell in love with Avril and many female pop/rock artists starts to emerge at that time as if it was the new pop wave as a replacement for the cheiron sound,then I became such a music freak in mid-2004 until now...
Once I fell in love with a song,I'd search for the credits to find out the songwriter/producer in order to find similar songs...That's how I knew my fav songwriters like Max Martin,Cheiron guys,Darkchild,Diane Warren and the others..
among my fav artists other than Avril are Britney,Brandy,Monica,Whitney Houston,Destiny's Child,TLC,Backsteet Boys,N Sync,Ashlee Simpson,Kelly Clarkson,Jessica Folcker,Michelle Branch,Marion Raven,Pink and Mikaila

Rebecca

Welcome Jessica and thanks for your nice introduction.

From time to time I have read both of your pop music blogs (even before you joined here), I love them. Whenever I've searched for Max Martin, your blog will come up. You know so much about pop music, it seems you listen to nearly every pop song, it's incredible!

My name's Rebecca, I'm 33, from Sydney, Australia. I have been to England 3 times, mainly to London but also a tour to Bath and a few other places, but not to Oxfordshire or Brighton.  You are so lucky to have studied in Sweden! I've never been to Sweden, would love to one-day of course.

I also became a fan through BSB, Britney and NSync, those songs just took a hold of me and I noticed the same name again and again.

I hope you post more and enjoy it here. :)

Poptasticuk

Hello Rnaldi and Rebecca! My blog isn't exactly called Poptastic but the address for Into The Groove is http://poptastic.blogspot.com so you probably are thinking of my site. Although, there is another site called Poptastic (started long after mine, so I was quite annoyed!) where the girl who runs it is also called Jessica. I always worry that people will confuse our sites, because I think her blog is not very good at all. She gives out new songs on mp3 for free and she doesn't even write any info or opinions about them.

Rebecca, it's so nice to hear that you read my blogs sometimes and you love them! I do write about Max a lot. It's good that I come up when you Google him. Hopefully he will Google his own name one day and find my site and invite me to work at Maratone! Well, I can dream. I have to figure out a way to meet him when I'm in Stockholm. Any suggestions? I suppose if I walk around the city a lot, one day I may recognise him somewhere.

It is great how this forum has fans all over the world and of different ages too! It shows how Max's music has universal appeal, and he has been so successful to have fans in such different places.

popknark

Hi Jessica! I'm glad you found your way over here. I guess I should be ashamed not recommening it to you earlier.

Poptasticuk

Chris! Hooray! I am not surprised to see you here either. You are my musical twin, after all :)

This forum is so much nicer and calmer and friendlier than the Popjustice one. People actually know what they're talking about, and nobody is swearing in every sentence to look cool, or getting into pointless arguments. Very refreshing!

Tiiger

Welcome to the board, Jessica. I am Tiiger and one of the admins.  :)

I'm aware of your blog as well, been reading it for years now. You're doing great. I had a blog of my own too up until some weeks ago when I decided I couldn't do it anymore. Some people are made to blog and write, I'm not however.

Anyway, nice to see a new face around here.
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Rebecca

Tiiger, you had a blog? Is it still up?

and Popknark, do you also have a blog?

wow, all these bloggers, very good!

*Sabine*

Jessica, your blogs are amazing! It's the first time I've visited them and I'll definitely come back to check. Keep up with the good work!!!   ;D

Poptasticuk

Thanks Sabine, what a compliment!

And hii to Tiiger, niice to meet you! ;)

popknark

Quote from: Rebecca on April 04, 2009, 11:55:32 AM
Tiiger, you had a blog? Is it still up?

and Popknark, do you also have a blog?

Actually Tiiger and I used to run a blog together called Catchy Tunes of Sweden. It's been down for a couple of years now, though.

Jessica - yes, Popjustice isn't the place it was a few years ago. All the ace people like you, Edwardo, Marknyc, ShariVari and RusskiPop are gone. :(