• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lana Del Rey- Lust For Life ft The Weeknd

Started by Polarmachine, April 19, 2017, 11:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

Listened before knowing this and I wouldn't tell that max was involved.

EDIT: The beginning of the chrous reminded me a little bit to Wildest Dreams.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on April 20, 2017, 02:36:47 AM
Listened before knowing this and I wouldn't tell that max was involved.

EDIT: The beginning of the chrous reminded me a little bit to Wildest Dreams.

Mm, you should listen this: https://youtu.be/7FG3uWvFjJs?t=37

turnaround

Written by:
Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, Abel Tesfaye & Max Martin

Produced by:

Dean Reid
Lana Del Rey
Kieron Menzies
Rick Nowels

Bass Programming   
Max Martin

Drums   
Kieron Menzies
Ali Payami
Dean Reid

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/5LYQSNHZxEA880URXFHg6h[/spotify]
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Such a team!

I love Rick Nowels and the production and the vibes of the song!
I don't like Abel's performance though.

Rebecca

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

bugmenot

Courtney Love: I've always wanted to work with Max Martin.

Lana del Rey: So basically, 'Lust for Life' was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik's Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn't right.

I don't usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, 'Why don't we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?'

So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels' place the next day and I was like, 'Let's try and make the verse the chorus,' and we did, and it sounded perfect. That's when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I'm finally happy with it.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/35578/1/lana-del-rey-courtney-love-lust-for-life

Verse is "we are the masters of our own fate"? Best part?

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: bugmenot on February 15, 2018, 08:20:14 PM
Courtney Love: I’ve always wanted to work with Max Martin.

Lana del Rey: So basically, ‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right.

I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’

So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/35578/1/lana-del-rey-courtney-love-lust-for-life

Verse is "we are the masters of our own fate"? Best part?

It's the "Take off - take off - take off all your clothes" part

nanofives

Seems like she's trying to imply that Max only gave advice on the song, although he's still credited as writer and producer. Or maybe he re-wrote the verse with the weeknd, but it's not said there.

j.fco.morales

Snipes3000

Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?