• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Jennifer Lopez working with MAX - Single "First Love"

Started by Eddie Krommer, March 18, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

georg_e

This is super good.....waaaay better than "Your Body", and as good  as "Problem"....actually I like it better than "Problem", although that's good too.   With songs like these, it's not so much a sound you can go "That's Max", but they're just so HUUUGE, and no BS.    dR. Luke has a more identifiable sound now, as he re-uses things like the acoustic guitars, but Max's stuff is more like serious classic pop.

** Encouraging update......looked on Pulse Music Board........most people really like it on there :D

turnaround

I quite like it. But feel this could flop like "Your body". Savan believed it become big but it didn't happen. Jennifer Lopez has the World Cup song out too, I don't see people focusing on "First love". And there are artists with bigger impact like Ariana Grande that create a hype.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on April 30, 2014, 05:29:45 PM
I quite like it. But feel this could flop like "Your body". Savan believed it become big but it didn't happen. Jennifer Lopez has the World Cup song out too, I don't see people focusing on "First love". And there are artists with bigger impact like Ariana Grande that create a hype.
Who knows.....the song doesn't even premiere until tomorrow! :D     But I just went back and listened to "Your Body".....totally different vibe....it's cold.....the melodies are not as good, and the beat isn't as strong.   And it didn;t really stand out -- sound wise -- from most other stuff that was out.  This has a happpy, ecstatic feel to it, and it's got a retro sound that sets it apart....that's what the ''Pulsers" like about it, and they're the first ones usually to scream "Generic!' :-)   One thing I know....this is a New York City song to the bones, and will get alot of play here.......

Feelgoodlies

It sounds like "Your Body"... the same structure actually and imo "Your Body" is better!

Polarmachine

the chorus reminds me so much of another song but I don't remember which one. anyone else?

in my opinion the production is not lifting/carrying the melodies and is just not tight enough to be a hit. i don't like the mixing either and Serban use to make way better mixes, but maybe he did what he could with what they sent him hehe :)

Eddie Krommer

Sure it has some elements from "Your Body".

I like to hear Max exploring new things, he's reinventing himself again and also he's surrounded by fresh talents that bring new ideas to the table.

I guess, we, as fans, should evolve too.

Both, Problem and First Love, are quite awesome, different, but still Max-ish.

Raul_esp

I like it , the melody is the most important for me and it's very good in this song.

j.fco.morales

This one has many resemblances of Your Body, the "oh-oh"'s, the synth work, the structure.

Maybe with the drums of Your Body I'd like the song way more, I'm not really feeling the drums.
At least to me, it's a NO.
And Ariana is a big YES.

BTW, who's this Ilya dude?

melodicmoonlight

does not remind me of Your Body because Your Body is pretty fuckin fantastic.

First Love is mediocre. the vocal production is lacking -- a sign that Max's involvement must have been limited. needless to say, vocals in his productions are always polished, tuned, compressed well, etc. Jennifer's are shaky here and there, and there's precision lacking.

AlexanderLaBrea

About Ilya, he's a swedish songwriter/producer and supposedly the story goes like this: He's a gamer, so is Shellback and that other dude who made "I wish" whos name I can't remember right now. The three of them are playing FIFA right, and got to talking about music and it turns out that Ilya (and the other guy) has this rough outline of a song. They finish it together, and its success together with the connection to Shellback probably was the reason to him now working with the big shots.

Raul_esp

It reminds me a bit to ''Let's get crazy'' of Cassie.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 02, 2014, 09:39:41 AM
About Ilya, he's a swedish songwriter/producer and supposedly the story goes like this: He's a gamer, so is Shellback and that other dude who made "I wish" whos name I can't remember right now. The three of them are playing FIFA right, and got to talking about music and it turns out that Ilya (and the other guy) has this rough outline of a song. They finish it together, and its success together with the connection to Shellback probably was the reason to him now working with the big shots.

Oh, thank you for the info :)

I'll add that to my hobbies though... haha :)

Rebecca

I love First Love! I think it will be a big hit.