• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm

Started by turnaround, February 07, 2017, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on February 10, 2017, 05:38:02 PM
This is really hypnotic. Still sounds like an album track to me.

But maybe she does not release the strongest song as the first "single" as she did it with Prism neither.

Probably this won't go to no #1. Ed Sheeran is too strong right now.

Hypnotic for sure, the way the chorus repeats with a barely-there chord change. It's almost entrancing, the way the production works, and at the end she proves it by singing "it goes on and on and on and on," pretty ingenious pop song crafting with this track. I think it's a very strong lead single with a statement, catchy hook, and memorable lyrics. I can see it going #1.

nanofives

It's released in a time where the political background could play a big part in gaining radio airplay for democrats, at least that's how critics perceive this. This is a top 10 easily, a proper comeback.

georg_e

Can there be a version without that bridge though?

rxpills

Without Bonnie, Luke, and Cirkut, Katy's not the same.

B Steady

Interesting chord progression. There may be no other song in mainstream pop history with this progression. I know it's not too spectacular but yet quite rare.

She just posted a new snippet to her Instagram story.
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

What's happening with the time signature in the first part of the pre/chorus?
Highly cool, but can't figure it out yet by counting......it doesn't stay in 4/4 time in first couple of bars .

melodicmoonlight

Rebecca

I love this song! I gave it an 8 for now.

The beginnings of the verses remind me of The Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun".

I also love the lyric video to Chained.

j.fco.morales

I like the track a lot more than the topline and the lyrics.
Too soft when it could have been edgier.

What I like the most, is that it's different from what's popular right now.
And I love the risks.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on February 15, 2017, 07:16:13 PM
Try counting in 4/4 time out loud to it, friend. If you got that far in arithmetic.

Most embarrassing post of the year already.  ;D ;D ;D

Hi my name is george and I have massive problems staying in the rhythm hahahaha

Quite an impressive self-disqualification :)

@all: The hole of an friend is automatically replaced by "friend" in this forum
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

@george_e: Please mind your language. There is enough hatred in this world, let's keep this place her constructive and happy. It's probably in Max spirit.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on February 15, 2017, 07:25:42 PM
Most embarrassing post of the year already.  ;D ;D ;D

Hi my name is george and I have massive problems staying in the rhythm hahahaha

Quite an impressive self-disqualification :)

@all: The hole of an friend is automatically replaced by "friend" in this forum
Any ONE of your posts qualifies for most embrassing of the year .

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on February 15, 2017, 07:27:20 PM
@george_e: Please mind your language. There is enough hatred in this world, let's keep this place her constructive and happy. It's probably in Max spirit.
I will .....but "hatred"??? Please. Almost as overused word as "racist". And you don't think Max gets mad and swears?

B Steady

George, could you please record a video which shows how you try counting the 4/4 time sig. during the pre chorus?  :D
Vila i frid Dag