• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Backstreet Boys new album

Started by Rebecca, March 04, 2007, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Quote from: "emjay"To be honest, I'm not too upset by the news. I didn't like Just Want You To Know, but I loved Climbing The Walls (despite the fact that the final mix was crappy), but I dont think he has much to offer Backstreet this time around. His sound seems to have changed too much to suit Backstreet Boys anymore. I was hoping Rami would be working with them at least though. Oh well, I have heard some of the new songs and I'm pleasantly surprised by them.

Matt

I wouldn't have minded even if Max had just given them another Climbing The Walls or I Still.
I'm really glad the new BSB songs are good - I can't wait. I almost don't want to hear any leaks, just wait and be surprised.

turnaround

Interesting, I didn't know "Climbing the walls" was actually for Audioslave.

For me it was the best song on the album, and should really have been single nr. 2.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Yes, that is true, Climbing the Walls was written for the Spiderman 2 movie soundtrack and offered to Audioslave, they rejected if for being 'too pop' (how dare they? haha ) then Clive Davis thought it would be perfect for Backstreet Boys and so set it aside which then of course led them to recording more songs with Max.

The lyrics are so clever  - 'caught by the taste of your kiss' 'you're under my skin' and of course 'climbing the walls'. Perfect.

I thought it should have been a single too except that it's so great to have a secret fantastic song that the album buyers can enjoy.

emjay

Quote from: "turnaround"Interesting, I didn't know "Climbing the walls" was actually for Audioslave.

For me it was the best song on the album, and should really have been single nr. 2.

I agree. I think it should've been first maybe even, like the original plan was. They lost it with JWYTK as their 2nd single.

Oh, btw, I don't know where this piece of info fits on the forums, but I guess I'll mention it here: I asked Crichlow what the song was that he did for Backstreet, that didn't make "Black & Blue", and it's called: "Don't Make It Harder Than It Is". I guess Max barred him from submitting new songs for BSB after that whole dispute over writing credits of (I believe), Show Me The Meaning

Rebecca

Quote from: "emjay"
Oh, btw, I don't know where this piece of info fits on the forums, but I guess I'll mention it here: I asked Crichlow what the song was that he did for Backstreet, that didn't make "Black & Blue", and it's called: "Don't Make It Harder Than It Is". I guess Max barred him from submitting new songs for BSB after that whole dispute over writing credits of (I believe), Show Me The Meaning

oh, very very interesting! I wonder if that song was ever released even with someone else singing it??

I actually didn't realise that Herbie and Max had a dispute over Show Me The Meaning - hmm interesting.

emjay

Quote from: "Rebecca"
Quote from: "emjay"

oh, very very interesting! I wonder if that song was ever released even with someone else singing it??

I actually didn't realise that Herbie and Max had a dispute over Show Me The Meaning - hmm interesting.

Don't quote me on the song they had a dispute over, or even if it was a song, because I am pretty sure that I heard there was a conflict between them on what happened to Denniz's stuff, after he died, and that was in an interview with Herbie, so...

But anyway...

Yeah, I asked him if there was some sort of demo for me to hear, he ignored that question twice, so I guess it's not meant to be.. Haha..

-Matt

turnaround

Here is a performance of "I want it that way" - Backstreet Boys in Germany with comedian Stefan Raab who sings the part of Kevin :)

http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/components/videoplayer/1087/1087-00-06-index.html

I wonder what Max thinks of that version
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

Ah ah ah ah ;D fantastic video.
Thank's turnaround.

ahmed

max is NOT producing for backstreet boys new album

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: turnaround on October 12, 2007, 08:26:49 PM
Here is a performance of "I want it that way" - Backstreet Boys in Germany with comedian Stefan Raab who sings the part of Kevin :)

http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/components/videoplayer/1087/1087-00-06-index.html

I wonder what Max thinks of that version

thanks Turnaround, I watched it a few times. It's awesome. Stefan Raab is a pretty good singer. There's no way that song couldn't sound fantastic though.

turnaround

You're welcome, I am happy they still sing in it the old style with the old feelings.

And the music was live too, quite lovely to hear their voices again and they still have fun with it.
It is really their biggest hit and signature song.

The middle 8 is just worldclass and the trumpets make it sound very nice.

Stefan Raab already has been at the Eurovision Song Contest, was pretty funny.  :)
And I liked it..

emjay

Anyone heard BSB's "Unmistakable"? it's euro pop sounding. Adam Anders and Dan Muckala did it. It's pretty catchy.

here's a clip of it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJQNEV9D

Rebecca

Thanks for the link, though I will restrain myself from listening to it. I'm going to wait until I own the cd - not long now!

Unexpected

I really want to hear Max doing some songs for the artists who really introduced max to me ((britney , BsB )) but like someone said he have nothin' new to offer to the BsB , and I'm really excited about this album I think it would be better than Never Gone , I know it will