• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Hey guys, I'm posting a couple of my tracks

Started by badpoetry, May 26, 2015, 11:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam B

Quote from: Romb on June 04, 2015, 05:45:14 PM
Well, it's a personal preference and can't be debated  ;).

Can be gazillion chords and song would still suck, or 1 chord and the song will hook you like a muthaf*ker, haha. And the other way around.
If it works the rest doesn't matter. I'm sure you are familiar with the general point that there's only 12 notes.

Theres only 7 notes!!

I agree 100%, I see it as solving an equation -the simplest solution is the most beautiful! Two chords is hard, but three should be enough.

Adam B

Quote from: Romb on June 04, 2015, 02:22:33 AM

While I loved the production ideas, the execution wasn't great (and that's what it has to be these days to make the cut, good is not enough). As already pointed out, the guitar in U and Me 40 is out of tune. It has probably to do with an intonation problem of your guitar (If I'd get a dollar every time I see guitarists having these issues). I mean, your open strings might be in tune, but as soon as you travel the fretboard the notes are not in pitch.

A general tip; theres autotune for guitars available http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/ Perfect for getting those Ds sounding like they should!

Romb

Quote from: Adam B on June 06, 2015, 12:10:41 AM
Theres only 7 notes!!

Well, I counted semi-tones as well. A# is a note too, isn't it? ;)
But these are just technicalities. There are millions of SOUNDS in-between these standard notes, listen to some of indian music with all these sitar or who-knows-what-with-strings-on-it instruments.

Quote from: Adam B on June 06, 2015, 12:24:05 AM
A general tip; theres autotune for guitars available http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/ Perfect for getting those Ds sounding like they should!

Haha, oh no, I'm too lazy/dumb to tune my guitar, I'll just throw some bucks and buy a circuit that will do it for me. And it's not a new thing, Line 6 Variax guitars have had that feature for years.

No offence, but I hate how technology kills the soul of the music. And music is never perfect, it's all about these little imperfections that add human factor to it and make you feel alive. I know it depends on the style as well, technology does help, but this is going too far.....pieces of gear like this just make me think that in 10 years everyone who can fart will auto tune their farts in a nice symphony with a click of a BUTTon. What's next? People probably gonna install circuits in their vocal chords to sound like Michael Jackson?  :)

Anyway, I'm sorry for the off-topic. I think Borislav just needs to ask his guitar fella to check the guitar intonation.

badpoetry

I actually tried Melodyne on them, I think it did the trick and it would probably be even better if I still had the unprocessed guitars.

Romb

Quote from: badpoetry on June 06, 2015, 08:49:34 AM
I actually tried Melodyne on them, I think it did the trick and it would probably be even better if I still had the unprocessed guitars.

Hm...maybe that's the problem. You can't really melodyne the chords, only separate notes. That's why the method Adam B suggested actually requires to install a special circuit in a guitar so it can read each string individually and auto tune it separately.

badpoetry

I mean I went back and melodyned them yesterday after reading these comments, and newer versions of Melodyne can manipulate chords.

Adam B

Quote from: Romb on June 06, 2015, 08:08:26 AM
Well, I counted semi-tones as well. A# is a note too, isn't it? ;)
But these are just technicalities. There are millions of SOUNDS in-between these standard notes, listen to some of indian music with all these sitar or who-knows-what-with-strings-on-it instruments.

I meant in the 7 notes in a scale, or why not just use pentatonic scales -narrows it down even more.  :D

Romb

I think we just got carried away with the debates. Sorry Borislav :)

Please post your updates on the track, I guess you kind of activated some people with your music, hehe.
If you need guitar parts properly recorded - hit me up  ::)

badpoetry

Quote from: Romb on June 06, 2015, 06:04:20 PM
I think we just got carried away with the debates. Sorry Borislav :)

Please post your updates on the track, I guess you kind of activated some people with your music, hehe.
If you need guitar parts properly recorded - hit me up  ::)

Hell yeah I need people to play guitar I would kill for someone to play guitars for me. Can you give me your contact?

j.fco.morales

Romb

Quote from: badpoetry on June 06, 2015, 06:51:07 PM
Hell yeah I need people to play guitar I would kill for someone to play guitars for me. Can you give me your contact?

Check your email  ;)

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 06, 2015, 07:44:50 PM
I need some guitars actually! hahaha

Check your PM  :)

j.fco.morales

Thank you Romb for being so considered, check your email as well :)

jelfmusic

Hey man

These are really nice tracks, great for demos. Loving 'Taylor Swift'.

I'm a top liner if your down for a collab on a few of the tracks? I can see what I can do on them?

C