• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

P!nk - Just Like Fire (Max Martin, Shellback, Oscar Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 04, 2016, 10:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Taken from facebook

P!nk is returning! new song "Just Like Fire" for the new Alice Through the Looking Glass movie! produced by Max, Shellback and Oscar Holter! on paper, this sounds very promising!

http://www.idolator.com/7628939/pink-max-martin-just-like-fire-single-alice-through-the-looking-glass
And I liked it..

Polarmachine

P!nk and Max and Johan means class songs. Hopes are high for this one  8)

uberweiss

Generic but in the best way. All the chanting is so beautiful. And "I want it aaaall" is a fantastic melody. Guitar sound is 'Ghost Town' meets 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'. And I loooove when the "we came hear to run it" (or 'we can hear them running'?) chant collides with the 'just like fi-yah' inflections from 2nd chorus on.

Great comfort food pop. I notice Oscar Holter is masterful at this, I love his work. DNCE's "Jinx", Adam Lambert's "Evil In The Night", Cher Lloyd's "Alone With Me"... These are very pure, classic melodies that feel familiar yet new. And, most importantly, sooooo pop-y.

B Steady

Quote from: uberweiss on April 15, 2016, 12:24:28 AM
Generic but in the best way. All the chanting is so beautiful. And "I want it aaaall" is a fantastic melody. Guitar sound is 'Ghost Town' meets 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'. And I loooove when the "we came hear to run it" (or 'we can hear them running'?) chant collides with the 'just like fi-yah' inflections from 2nd chorus on.

Great comfort food pop. I notice Oscar Holter is masterful at this, I love his work. DNCE's "Jinx", Adam Lambert's "Evil In The Night", Cher Lloyd's "Alone With Me"... These are very pure, classic melodies that feel familiar yet new. And, most importantly, sooooo pop-y.

where did you hear it?

edit: found it here: http://www.rnbjunk.com/pink-just-like-fire-nuovo-singolo/
the verses are a bit "cool for the summer" adapted
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

It's on Spotify. Added it to the Cheiron playlist. Will hopefully have more credits later.

https://open.spotify.com/album/09K53TLaJZ156prccNvwuS

Writer: P!NK, Max Martin, Shellback & Oscar Holter
And I liked it..

B Steady

that "we can get em ruuuunnin', runnin'" part sounds quite annoying to me, even dissonant ...
and can anybody tell me where they got their inspiration for the high melody in the chorus from? reminds me of another song. I don't mean the exact melody, just the concept of going unexpectedly high at the end of the chorus.
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

Pretty lame to put that rap verse in. 
I like the bass in the chorus.

bugmenot

QuoteOh, what you gonna do?
(What, what!?)

Is it male falsetto? Is it Shellback?

Rebecca

I really like it, but don't love it as much as other Max/Shellback. I love the "What you gonna do?".

Wolf Cousin

Quote from: B Steady on April 15, 2016, 10:40:16 AM
can anybody tell me where they got their inspiration for the high melody in the chorus from? reminds me of another song. I don't mean the exact melody, just the concept of going unexpectedly high at the end of the chorus.

Got me wondering about that too. Then it just hit me it might be Avril Lavigne's ''What The Hell''  (Whaaaaaaaat the hell)   Let me know if you agree.

B Steady

Quote from: Wolf Cousin on May 12, 2016, 06:26:55 PM
Got me wondering about that too. Then it just hit me it might be Avril Lavigne's ''What The Hell''  (Whaaaaaaaat the hell)   Let me know if you agree.

no that's not what I meant but thank you anyway :)
Vila i frid Dag

Wolf Cousin

Quote from: B Steady on May 12, 2016, 09:48:38 PM
no that's not what I meant but thank you anyway :)

Haha it's so frustrating! Just can't seem to wrap my head around it. The other part it reminds me of is the verse of ''Hall of Fame'' by The Script ft. will.i.am.

Made a little mp3 and pitched it to the same key so it's more audible.

https://soundcloud.com/user2342349/just-like-fire-vs-hall-of-fame