• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My demo misses the Cheiron effect

Started by ferser1, September 23, 2014, 08:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferser1

This is a demo i created some time ago but stopped working on it due to frustration of not having the right resources to give the Cheiron twist to it :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-eNBHTDI4s

I really feel its missing the Cheiron hits ,stabs and drums. What do you guys think?

Any advice is much appreciated!!

melodicmoonlight

don't quite understand the objective to chase that "Cheiron effect" and sound when it's so dated and Max did it best in the late 90s early 2000s and that period is done and over with. find your own niche.

ferser1

Ok maybe not the reply i expected :)

My dear, that era might be over and even Max might have moved on for artistic and bussiness reasons, that doesn't mean that will stop you doing what you love? Perhaps Max still creates the typical Cheiron tracks, but keeps it for himself. Who knows?

I love the sound and if i can bring this love into tracks that sounds like it, makes me very proud

Finding my own niche...hmm.. perhaps i do have my own sound and i do have other tracks that are not in line with the Cheiron sound..

DSonthebeat

Try downloading the stems of Baby one more time and others you cand find on the internet, you will able to study the thing from the inside. You're quite far from that Cheyron vibe, they used much easier and straighter tempos, and just don't go for a pad so directly, try to build a hook, a main theme first ;)
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Nikki M

Hello ferser1  i head your demo and i loved it. I would like to talk with u about it ! Send me something if u want

ferser1

Quote from: DSonthebeat on November 08, 2014, 02:28:17 PM
Try downloading the stems of Baby one more time and others you cand find on the internet, you will able to study the thing from the inside. You're quite far from that Cheyron vibe, they used much easier and straighter tempos, and just don't go for a pad so directly, try to build a hook, a main theme first ;)

Thanks for the tip, i feel that a particular orchestral hit is missing though, like the one in Dont Want You Back. Do you perhaps know how i can get a hold on those hits?

Thanks again

AlexanderLaBrea

Try Hit Kit V3. The orchestral stabs in there, preferably the last 3 have a Cheironish sound if pitched correctly.

ferser1

Indeed, especially the last one,HK ST Orchestra 09, sounds real good.