• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maroon 5 - New song "What Lovers Do"

Started by gm33, May 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Quote from: turnaround on June 16, 2014, 08:17:47 PM
Really, what is your source?

Maroon 5, Main Artist - Adam Levine, Author, Composer - Ryan Tedder, Author, Composer - Benjamin Levin, Author, Composer - Ammar Malik, Composer, Author - Noel Zancanella, Composer, Author

The link I shared with you, really accurate in my experience.

Jules

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 16, 2014, 07:37:10 PM
http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/maroon-5-maps-premiere/

Here it is for you guys to listen.

Written by Adam Levine, Benny Blanco, Max Martin, Shellback, and Ryan Tedder.

...that's probably from a very reliable official source. Like twitter.  :-X  :-X  :-X

J_A24

Adam Levine, Ryan Tedder, Benjamin Levin, Ammar Malik & Noel Zancanella is what I got.

We'll have to wait and see.

Polarmachine

Not shellback and max. I think benny wrote on Twitter it's him, Amman malik, Ryan tedder snd Adam Levine. Plus i can hear on the guitar it's no max/shellback, the riff is not good enough  ;)
Anyone else feel am I wrong by nico and vinz a bit?

Raul_esp

Great song , I like it , pure pop , We need more songs like these.

J_A24

Quote from: Polarmachine on June 17, 2014, 01:57:31 AM
Not shellback and max. I think benny wrote on Twitter it's him, Amman malik, Ryan tedder snd Adam Levine. Plus i can hear on the guitar it's no max/shellback, the riff is not good enough  ;)
Anyone else feel am I wrong by nico and vinz a bit?

The guitar riff actually reminds me of The Police.

j.fco.morales

Written by Adam Levine, Ryan Tedder, Benjamin Levin, Ammar Malik & Noel Zancanella, according to the iTunes file.

And yes, sounds a lot like The Police... I'm not really feeling it.
Those awful glissando vocals in the chorus...

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 17, 2014, 04:07:09 AM
Written by Adam Levine, Ryan Tedder, Benjamin Levin, Ammar Malik & Noel Zancanella, according to the iTunes file.

And yes, sounds a lot like The Police... I'm not really feeling it.
Those awful glissando vocals in the chorus...

That part is the make or break part of the song. Personally at the first couple of listens, I thought it was kind of out of place, almost as if it's a mistake, but the more I listen to the song the more it becomes part of it and it grows on me.

I feel and hear that in many Luke songs too. I don't know if it's something that's done deliberately, but it works for me most of the time.

Dang, that would've been a good question for the ascap expo.

ShockdioN

sweetmelody

ASCAP lists the writers:

Adam Levine
    Ryan Tedder
    Benny Blanco
    Noel Zancanella
    Ammar Malik

Max did not writer or produce this one.

J_A24

Rex

duh, this song sounds soo... unimpressive? It didn't feel like the first time i heard "payphone" or "one more night", i jusssttt don't like it huh. and the "I was there for you in your darkest times" part is which probably reminds you of Message in the bottle

melodicmoonlight

my main issue is that the pre-chorus should've been doubled. it's too short with those two lines. at least for the first pre. and his falsetto in the song can be a little shrill. feel like they could have lowered the key a half or whole step.

melody is good, i like the glissando effect, the "Following, following, following" and simple production. still, the song doesn't WOW you. but it is good.

Rebecca