• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Additionally she will perform at the iTunes festival:

"PUMPED to announce I will be closing the month-long @iTunesFestival on 9/30 with my friends @IGGYAZALEA & @iconapop opening!" she shouted.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-perrys-also-performing-at-the-itunes-festival-next-month/118914/#ixzz2carvbVtd
Follow us: @Popjustice on Twitter
And I liked it..

B Steady

What has influence on the chart position in the USA?

Because Blurred Lines didn't sell 300,000 copies.
so the 250,000+ copies that Roar sold more gotta be made up by video purchases and YouTube clicks.
Vila i frid Dag

Prime

The Billboard Hot 100 chart rankings are based on radio plays and sales. Often the radio plays need a bit more time to build up monumentum, but otherwise they also grant chart longevity.

Joshua

Quote from: Prime on August 22, 2013, 02:52:31 PM
The Billboard Hot 100 chart rankings are based on radio plays and sales.

YouTube streams (played within the US) are now counted too, there's even been some controversy over people using playlists of the same song repeated over and over to increase views. How on earth "Blurred Lines" is still managing to top the chart after several weeks, considering all the hype of Katy and Gaga, is beyond me.

Raul_esp

Guys You don't hear the bass sounds like a kind of Roar?? , I mean it can go with the lyrics of the song , or maybe I'm only a Freak  ;D

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on August 22, 2013, 07:02:06 PM
Guys You don't hear the bass sounds like a kind of Roar?? , I mean it can go with the lyrics of the song , or maybe I'm only a Freak  ;D

I'd say you're only a freak :D
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on August 22, 2013, 07:09:09 PM
I'd say you're only a freak :D

Haha , I know  ;D , the bass of this song is specially remarkable in the verses , it always called my attention.

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on August 22, 2013, 07:15:05 PM
Haha , I know  ;D , the bass of this song is specially remarkable in the verses , it always called my attention.

To me it's not that special because I used to program my bass lines in the same way, so it's kinda old fashioned for me.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Luckily a real instrumental and not Jörgen's instrumentals with background vocals.  8)

Welcome btw.
And I liked it..

Jules

lol wait for it ^^

he improved though. the "New Colours" instrumental was a real instrumental.
but probably cause Jörgen didn't produce it ;-)
- or wait, did he??!  :o

turnaround

Maybe he reads our forum and noticed your complaints back then!
If only.  :-[  ;D
And I liked it..

turnaround

This is a very impressive list:

Katy Perry: Digital Songs
6,341,000, "Firework"
5,606,000, "E.T." (feat. Kanye West)
5,542,000, "California Gurls" (feat. Snoop Dogg)
5,414,000, "Hot N Cold"
4,573,000, "Teenage Dream"
4,444,000, "I Kissed a Girl"
3,470,000, "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"
3,074,000, "Wide Awake"
2,662,000, "Part of Me"
2,617,000, "The One That Got Away"
2,211,000, "Waking Up in Vegas"
1,079,000, "Thinking of You"
643,000, "Peacock"

Katy Perry: Albums
2,749,000, "Teenage Dream" (2010)
1,529,000, "One of the Boys" (2008)
55,000, "MTV Unplugged" (EP) (2009)

from Billboard:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/5657799/ask-billboard-whos-sold-more-katy-perry-or-lady-gaga
And I liked it..