• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

are we still talking about clicks?!! haha

Josh, I agree with you about Unconditionally being the second single, I like it but don't love it either

Yesterday morning Katy performed on our morning show "Sunrise" in Sydney, she was pretty fantastic, she performed Roar, California Girls/Teenage Dream, Firework, Unconditionally (probably some clicks)

Here's California Girls/Teenage Dream
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/19586754/katy-perry-sings-california-gurls-and-teenage-dream/

B Steady

Quote from: Rebecca on October 30, 2013, 11:32:33 AM
are we still talking about clicks?!! haha

[...] (probably some clicks)

Maybe that's the right place for you to discuss the album:

http://katyperryforum.com/
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on October 30, 2013, 11:15:52 AM
Then we're talking the same :)

But we don't know if it's the end of the reversed sample :/

Yeah I'm only guessing seeings it cuts off so abruptly at the same time. Have a listen to the lyric video again, it's definitely there... it's the only studio version I've heard.

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on October 30, 2013, 11:57:07 AM
Maybe that's the right place for you to discuss the album:

http://katyperryforum.com/

B, you crack me up! I don't even know if you realise how blunt some of your comments are. Maybe we should start a topic in the studio/production section about the clicks.

Quote from: Rebecca on October 30, 2013, 11:32:33 AM
Josh, I agree with you about Unconditionally being the second single, I like it but don't love it either

Yeah I really wish "Dark Horse" had been more than just a radio/buzz single, now it'll probably never get an official single release. They've also been playing "Walking On Air" on the radio a fair bit.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on October 30, 2013, 01:10:33 PM
B, you crack me up! I don't even know if you realise how blunt some of your comments are. Maybe we should start a topic in the studio/production section about the clicks.

:D of course I'm aware of this :D

I'm so blunt, you can call me James
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvoophj3mwwapig/_Clicks_.wav

Sounds like vinyl crackle to me. It's better with headphones.

melodicmoonlight

B Steady

But why is the vinyl crackle stereo all the time whereas the clicks are panned differently?

I'd really like to have a look into the session ...
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 30, 2013, 06:20:32 PM
how'd you filter that out so well?

It's just a high pass filter that cut all the way to 2.5Khz approx. :)

Here's a distorted version of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hmtazou3q6xlbn/Clicks%20%28Overdrive%29.mp3

(Turn the volume down)***

And BSteady yeah they're definitely panned, and it can be for a number of reasons.

Either:

A)The vinyl crackle sample or effect is that way, some pops and clicks are panned randomly.
B)Like you said in the beginning, the snare sample was not faded properly at the end.

Who knows really. But if the snare sample was not faded out properly I think the click would've always been centered or panned left.

B Steady

Yeah for me the panning is the evidence that it's intended!

And yeah of course it's a low cut but is it really just an equalizer? Can't believe the crackle is still so present up there
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 30, 2013, 09:48:10 PM
Yeah for me the panning is the evidence that it's intended!

And yeah of course it's a low cut but is it really just an equalizer? Can't believe the crackle is still so present up there
Yeah it's just ableton's auto filter. Luke and Benny do like their vinyl crackle lol. I don't think it was intended, it's just that kind of casualty that comes along the way you're programming drums. I don't think they put too much thought into it.

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on October 30, 2013, 10:23:30 PM
Luke and Benny do like their vinyl crackle lol

Didn't understand this

Man I really want to know where from the clicks are ... :( and why they're panned ...
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 30, 2013, 10:36:41 PM
Didn't understand this

Man I really want to know where from the clicks are ... :( and why they're panned ...

Maybe the stems will leak some day and you'll have a better answer

B Steady

Please explain the Luke / Benny part
Vila i frid Dag