• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

new song "Defiant"

Started by georg_e, August 31, 2010, 05:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Hey, I wrote a new song called "Defiant" I want to share -- it's a pure rough demo for now, made it on GarageBand yesterday just to get it down in basic form. It's on http://www.myspace.com/xxeo     (The lyrics are there too if you click on "Blog").  Hope you enjoy it!!

Izalightblue

georg_e

^   ^    ^

Thanks -- got some ideas today to make the beat stronger.....will post new version soon.....still feeling my way with GarageBand  :-)

JackSnr

Wow, awesome! Reminds be of Teenage Dream. I like a lot  :D Nice work george.

georg_e

Thanks so much!!    I went back and worked on it some more -- think I found a way to make the chorus beat stronger by changing the kick drum slightly and adding back beat..........
When you get a chance, new version at same link    http://www.myspace.com/xxeo

Izalightblue

I like it even more! Great job!

georg_e

Oh good, thanks!!!!    Now I have to learn how to "quantize" the drums in Garageband to make them hit perfectly on beat ;-)

maxmartin'sfan

;D Is it possible to have a good drumm sound with garaband?  ;D ;D loool

georg_e

hehe, funny :D         Actually though, it's really the quantizing I need to fix -- I didn't use a loop, played them myself on the computer keyboard, so they're a little out of sync in spots.  There's a way to fix this in Editor ....just have to learn how ;-)

Hey, but did you know "Umbrella" uses an exact Garageband loop?   Of course, they then made it sound 10000x better ;D

maxmartin'sfan

George is you want I can help you to have a better sound, I'm not a big fan of your voice but the melody is good,
if u can send me the midi track, the vocal track and the music track, I 'll be able to help you loool
if u agree, tell me and i'll give you my adress mail

georg_e

Hey  -- thanks so much, that would be sooo great!!    Will send you a PM on here with my email.