• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Zara Larsson

Started by awonip, April 18, 2014, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexanderLaBrea

Jason is really good! But what did he steal from Mattman & Robin?

nanofives

I meant the other way around, Mattman & Robin from Jason. And I also didn't mean stealing... more like... taking some production elements, the bassline, the strings and the structure of the lyrics (although that might be because Justin and Julia).

I also want to take note that Mattman & Robin started as Jason Gill's co-producers back in 2011, at least that's what Tidal's credits imply.

j.fco.morales

Well, I'm not sure: those are completely different approaches to arrangement.

While Jason's sound is really poppy -in a very swedish way, a bit over the top and melodic- and I agree with you that their first releases in 2013-2014 was more in a "swedish approach" (i.e: Tove Lo's Moments, their stuff with Hailee Steinfeld, their co prods with Jason for Eric Saade) After that, Mattman and Robin approach was very "foley": lots of details in the percussion and minimalistic sounds (ie: Hands To Myself, Worst In Me, Make Me Feel, If I'm Lucky). 

They're are very versatile though: they work with DNCE is veeeeery different from their previous work.

bugmenot

leak it, please. 5th of march is too late

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on January 11, 2021, 10:43:34 PM
One song by Max, the Struts, and Savan + two Mattman & Robin songs made the tracklist.

"Need Someone": Sarah Aarons, Mattman & Robin, and Noonie Bao
"Right Here": Mattman & Robin, Julia Michaels, and Justin Tranter
"Stick with You": Savan Kotecha, Zara Larsson, Max Martin, the Struts, and Max Wolfgang

Excited for the Max song! When was the most recent Max-produced song?

nanofives

Besides that remix, he co-wrote earlier in the year off bloom's what we do

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Loving the Mattman & Robin produced songs and the one produced by Ian Kirkpatrick.

AlexanderLaBrea

Gotta agree with the lyrics. Then again, not many can compete with Julia Michaels. But I really enjoyed the Max track. It felt a little like old school Max (not Cheiron, more early Ariana-ish). Great album overall though. Very few disappointments.

j.fco.morales

I agree with what you guys said about the lyrics. A bit cheesy.

And somehow I was really into her voice and now I don't enjoy it that much.

melodicmoonlight

The Max track is a let down but not surprising since he was only a co-writer and didn't handle production.

I'm absolutely in love with the song 'Poster Girl.' So breezy and effortless. Flows so well and transports you into that pop song fantasy, if anyone knows what I mean. Definite Julia Michaels meets Tove Lo vibes. So good! The standout for me.

j.fco.morales

Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter are co writers in many of these tracks.

But I tend to think they placed the songs, they didn't co write them... same team and "sound" for Selena's Rare.

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 12, 2021, 02:21:30 PM
Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter are co writers in many of these tracks.

But I tend to think they placed the songs, they didn't co write them... same team and "sound" for Selena's Rare.

There have been pictures and videos of their sessions with Zara. Of course, some songs or ideas could have been written beforehand anyway!

nanofives

I wonder why she didn't include All the time and Don't worry bout me, those songs were released after ruin my life and WOW.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 06, 2021, 09:57:35 AM
The instrumentals for the album leaked. I love the "Stick With You" one! There's little things I never noticed before, like that "Woo!" in the chorus.

Could you please send me the link or direct me to these instrumentals? Thanks!