• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Same Difference

Started by Markus1981, October 07, 2008, 12:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

UK ALbum Chart:
Pop falls from 22 to 35.

Alex Martin

Thi is a surprise for me :o

*Sabine*

Gosh, I was hoping they'd do a bit better this week but I fear the album has officially started its way down in the charts :( Sad, it's so good and fresh pop!

Feelgoodlies

I am afraid to tell you that they are officially doomed, I just hope they release a second single...

Tiiger

Well, for one, they shouldn't aim so much at kids. Just because it's pop doesn't mean you should only focus on kids (who don't buy records, for that matter.)

It's time to grow up and show a more mature side when it comes to music videos, album covers etc.
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Alex Martin

My fav song on the album is: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=whcFdKomNIA

I hope it will be the 2nd single.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Tiiger on December 16, 2008, 05:15:38 PM
Well, for one, they shouldn't aim so much at kids. Just because it's pop doesn't mean you should only focus on kids (who don't buy records, for that matter.)

It's time to grow up and show a more mature side when it comes to music videos, album covers etc.
Well, I actually think KIDS buy stuff, who do you think buy Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers?, their sales are usually GREAT, they have a great deal of kids/teenagers fan-bases...

I see your point tiiger about growing up, Same Difference'salbum is good, but a bit dated, my younger sister once saw their video and went "OH GOSH I didnt know people are still doing this kind of music", and too many others on forums I go to thought their music is a bit cheesy, well, I didnt expect the album and the single to do much more than they did TBH!

*Sabine*

Yes it's not modern pop and this album was surely not meant to be commercial!
It was actually made for us on the forum!  8)

Markus1981

To be fair the album has actually done quite well with sales. The chart positions are dissappointing but it is a difficult time of year and the sales they got for their first week were actually enough to get them a top 5 album throughout the rest of the year (even top 3 for a lot of weeks). I've heard they are definitely releasing a second single but I don't know what it will be. Unfortunately I don't think another single will be all that successful for them. I think they will probably be better as an albums act like HSM/Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers are here in the UK i.e. they sell a lot of albums but their singles are never successful. I think if they are to release another single then it should be All The Roads Lead To Heaven as it is the most mature track on the album and I think has more chance to open them up to a slightly wider audience and change perception of them a little.

As long as I get more music from them then I'm happy!

Alex Martin

Maybeturn it into love,Kylie's cover would be an hit!!!! English love covers ;)

turnaround

"Right between the eyes" has the most impressing background vocals (Anorah, Andreas, Kristian) I've heard for a long time, and a nice "I'm alive"-ish production.

Great cover, better than the original by Marilou which you can check out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhJpQfnV8U
And I liked it..

*Sabine*

Yes, it's very similar to I'm alive! I also prefer Same Difference's version. Yeah the background singers are perfect!

Alex Martin

Oh,ok.This song was a cover....i'm sure heard it somewhere but i didn't remember where......

Alex Martin

Confirmed!!!!!! Turn It Into Love will be their 2nd single. Good choice.

Rebecca

I love the song but the Kylie version is so much better, Same Difference sing the chorus in a different way which I don't really like.