• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Raul_esp

Joshua

Prime

The song leaked, unfortunately (or fortunately) Youtube is quite fast with deleting the links, but you'll find it trough Google for sure.
First impression: Not that overwhelmed, but maybe it's a grower

B Steady

The wait is over:

http://www.soundcloud.com/superleak/katy-perry-roar

Pretty disappointing
Vila i frid Dag

Prime

Maybe it's just me, but during the chorus I always wait for the "when I tell the punch line wrong" lyric. The chorus definitely reminds me of the "Teenage Dream" verse melody.

Joshua

Quote from: Prime on August 10, 2013, 06:28:27 PM
Maybe it's just me, but during the chorus I always wait for the "when I tell the punch line wrong" lyric. The chorus definitely reminds me of the "Teenage Dream" verse melody.

Haha yeah you're right, it's the same. Well for me this song met all my expectations. Simple but brilliantly written pop, I'd even take it over most of the singles from the last album. I feel the same way about this as I did The Wanted's "Walks Like Rihanna", it has a more traditional pop vibe and for me it works perfectly.

EDIT: It's getting pulled left, right and centre, try this link: http://www.justjared.com/2013/08/10/katy-perry-roar-listen-now-to-full-song/

Eddie Krommer

It's an amazing song. Very interesting production.

For me, it sounds very inspired by M83-Outro. That would not be a coincidence, since M83 publicly said that wanted to work with her.

Eddie Krommer

I have to add that it reminds me of some other songs. The verse sounds likely to Ho Hey by The Lumineers, and well, most of it is Brave by Sara Bareilles.

I'm not saying they copy/paste it. There are so many elements in here to discuss. I can´t say it's original, but it's different for everyone involved.

Anyway, it's good to hear the boys and Katy are trying to sound different without losing that drug effect.

Feelgoodlies

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 10, 2013, 10:42:50 PM
I didn't like it :(

Hahahha I knew it since everybody else liked it! But I'm with you this time, however it will take only a few days until I love it ;)
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

At first listen, I like the production: the drum programming and the synths sounds really good.

But I don't think is a strong song at all. I think it's all about the chords.
I'll give it a few more listens, maybe is a grower.

J_A24

Meh, song is alright. Will do well on the radio, but nothing to write home about.

Raul_esp

Well , good song but not amazing , I hope it grows with the listens.

Rebecca

yep, good but not amazing to me either, it's a weird song to me, but maybe it's a grower

I don't like the album cover either, why would she use an animal theme? Kesha's already done that.