• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

where are the clicks in Unconditionally? the very beginning?

B Steady

Immediately after every "snare" sound. Yea at the very beginning you can hear them the best since Katy isn't singing there.
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

This is hilarious!

Just watched the lyric video for unconditionally on vevo and there I can hear no clicks. On the one side the CD quality is way better than the vevo quality but on the other hand it sounds like they cleaned up the vevo version ???
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on October 21, 2013, 01:17:25 AM
This is hilarious!

Just watched the lyric video for unconditionally on vevo and there I can hear no clicks. On the one side the CD quality is way better than the vevo quality but on the other hand it sounds like they cleaned up the vevo version ???

You're right , Maybe the Song Leaked in internet isn't the final official version.

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on October 21, 2013, 01:17:25 AM
This is hilarious!

Ah, that's so funny -- glad to hear that, because I kept listening and listening on Vevo and couldn't hear any clicks! :D

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 19, 2013, 07:09:40 PM
Ah now I heard it! :)

I don't mean the "snare click" I mean that there's something clicking after each "snare" sound. It sounds like they forgot to make an fade-out of an audio clip.

It's not the faders, it's a vinyl crackle effect and they use deliberately in 98% of their drum tracks. I just don't get the big fuzz you're making out of it, there are songs that have way more in it than this one.

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 19, 2013, 01:59:03 PM
There are two things I just don't get:

1st the clicks in Unconditionally. I mean they must be deliberate but then I don't know why. It sounds like they forgot to set the fades ...

2nd the TIHWD pre chorus. How could Max let this happen?!

It's obnoxious and a punch line. It works.

15 year old girls will sing that part out loud in their pyjama parties.

Dat talk box solo after International Smile's bridge tho', why is no one is talking about that?

Or Ghost's chorus melody that goes like "There's just an echo where your heart used to be and now I see it clearly"... so good.

Or Max's Background vocals on Unconditionally in the outro.

Oh and Walking on air was a good idea that was not very well executed. And I was so pumped for the Bloodshy track, and it kinda let me down because I thought it was going to be something completely out of left field as always, but it sounded like the album. Still a decent song.

Album sounds very "Empire of the sun" sometimes. Which is a great thing, their latest album is amazing.

B Steady

I already wrote that I hear the crackle sound too but the click is a different sound or it's a part of the crackle sound but then it would be way too loud.

we also talked already about the talk boy/vocoder thing and we love it. To it makes the whole song which is great anyway but the talk box solo puts the cherry on the cake!
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

what is the difference between the normal album and deluxe edition?
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 21, 2013, 09:17:23 AM
I already wrote that I hear the crackle sound too but the click is a different sound or it's a part of the crackle sound but then it would be way too loud.

we also talked already about the talk boy/vocoder thing and we love it. To it makes the whole song which is great anyway but the talk box solo puts the cherry on the cake!

It's not only on the snare though, it's gated on the kick and the snare. I personally don't find it annoying or too loud, but it's definitely not a matter of not fading out the "pop and crackle" of the sample, they add that stuff deliberately.

And awesome, I have to read the whole thread, love the album so far. And the general message of the album, a more mature and down to earth Katy Perry.

Oh and for nznexus. the difference is that the deluxe version contains the bonus tracks. And perhaps more pictures and different artwork.

B Steady

Quote from: nznexus on October 21, 2013, 09:23:23 AM
what is the difference between the normal album and deluxe edition?

3 bonus songs + the deluxe album comes with a cardboard case instead of a jewel case
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

B Steady

Quote from: J_A24 on October 21, 2013, 09:30:36 AM
It's not only on the snare though, it's gated on the kick and the snare. I personally don't find it annoying or too loud, but it's definitely not a matter of not fading out the "pop and crackle" of the sample, they add that stuff deliberately.

I think we don't mean the same sound. Because the click that I mean comes immediately AFTER the snare, so it's most likely not gated. You mean probably sounds like the crackle and stuff on the Beautiful Goodbye drums (Maroon 5, Benny Blanco) or the drums Max and Shelly used for Taylor Swift. And I didn't say it's probably a "fading fail" but it just sounds like it!
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

someone knows what dr luke s working on right now, after this album for katy perry? very curious
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on October 21, 2013, 09:44:11 AM
I think we don't mean the same sound. Because the click that I mean comes immediately AFTER the snare, so it's most likely not gated. You mean probably sounds like the crackle and stuff on the Beautiful Goodbye drums (Maroon 5, Benny Blanco) or the drums Max and Shelly used for Taylor Swift. And I didn't say it's probably a "fading fail" but it just sounds like it!

No, I know what sound you're talking about. It's definitely part of the crackle and pop effect man, I can hear it. It's like a little peaking artifact from it. You have a very keen ear for detail my friend :D

Edit: The release of the gate is slower that's why you still hear it after the hit.