• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Give it time, I think many of you will grow to like it.

Rebecca, I think Katy has always had an affiliation with cats. There are so many photos of her with cats, even her fans are called "Katy Cats". So I'm guessing the point of the song is to say that she's no longer a kitty, but a Lion or Tiger.

Alex Martin

When in 2010 california girls had been released as the first single our comments were no different from those I've read. The song ( California Gilrs) did not seem so strong. Then after a little time we have all changed our minds.

turnaround

Added a poll, because I am curious how you rate Roar.

10=very good
01=very bad

In other news. The chorus of Roar is in my head all day, despite having listened just twice.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on August 11, 2013, 05:31:54 PM
Added a poll, because I am curious how you rate Roar.

10=very good
01=very bad

In other news. The chorus of Roar is in my head all day, despite having listened just twice.

Isn't that too soon? Especially since a few already said that they think/hope it's a grower.
Vila i frid Dag

Out

Right now it feels very average to me. Light version of Wide Awake.

turnaround

Quote from: B Steady on August 11, 2013, 05:37:59 PM
Isn't that too soon? Especially since a few already said that they think/hope it's a grower.
You have all the time to vote and can edit anytime.
And I liked it..

B Steady

LOVE the song! Just bought it on iTunes :) I give it a 9!

but the similarity to Sara Bareilles' "Brave" is suspicious!
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

I love it too already , definitely  it's a grower and a new sound , Love the production and the epic of the chorus , amazing song.

Lyric video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SeJIgWRPk

Joshua

Judging by the sound of the beginning and end of the lyric video, that's where the leak came from.

B, do you often have delayed reactions to songs? It happens to me sometimes too, but only rarely.

Feelgoodlies

She is accused of plagiarism btw.

Roar sounds like Sara Barelliles' "Brave"

I personally don't see it as plagiarism but sure as hell very similar!

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on August 12, 2013, 05:27:49 PM
Judging by the sound of the beginning and end of the lyric video, that's where the leak came from.

B, do you often have delayed reactions to songs? It happens to me sometimes too, but only rarely.

@TheDoctorLuke: @RnR143Lionel we didn't leak the song.. somebody did but we know who.. cause they leaked a watermarked version.. they will be dealt with

Yes, quite often
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

This song is PP - Pop Perfection!!! Max, Luke, Sir Cut :D, Bonnie & Katy = the dream team

I'm about to give it 10 points!!!

EDIT: GAVE it 10 points :D
Vila i frid Dag