• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I was not overwhelmed by the snippets - all is quite good - but I rely on the songs being growers.
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

Unfortunately there is only one song I liked which is "International Smile", the other tracks are less than average!

There is no ET or Part Of Me at all.... PRISM isn't as I expected it to be.

j.fco.morales

The first eight tracks of the album leaked.

The songs are quite better in full.
Legendary Lovers is AMAZING.
This is How We Do reminds me a lot of the AlunaGeorge's version of Montell Jordan's This Is How We Do, Klas Ahlund did an amazing job.
And I love International Smile, I love the synthy guitars, just like Part of Me!

Can't wait to listen the other half of the album...

Raul_esp

The album sounds good , but I expected something more , anyway I love most of the songs of the album , specially ''Legendary lovers'' sounds for me amazing , the best in the album in my opinion.
''Birthday'' and ''International smile'' sounds funny but a bit generic.
''This is how we do'' sounds very 90's and different.
I love ''Ghost'' , Very poppy and pure.
''Unconditionally'' is a big ballad but a bit repetitive in the chorus. The chorus reminds me a Mix of ''Wide awake'' and ''Daylight''.

For me the best are :

1-Legendary lovers
2-Roar(It growed in me so much)
3-Walking on air
4-Unconditinally
5-Dark horse

B Steady

LOVE the triplets and the ethnic elements (Sitar/Percussion) in Legendary Lovers but the beginning of the chorus sounds like it's Ke$ha instead of Katy ???

fantastic song anyway, it's an ethnic/pop/dance/urban mix :) but my favorite song will be roar!!
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

YES! I was waiting for that Cirkut Daft Punk influenced vocoder/guitar effect that we got on Last Friday Night remix, Evil Woman, and Ke$ha's Thinking of You. It adds something funky to International Smile.

So far the best tracks are Legendary Lovers, This is How We Do, International Smile, and Unconditionally. Ghost is good too...

a bit disappointed in the Bloodshy production on 'Love Me' - the song is very trite; the melody, cheesy lyrics. I have a feeling the latter half of the album will follow suit. Re: Double Rainbow, By the Grace of God, Spiritual, It Takes Two, etc. they're all corny-sounding song titles.

B Steady

funny how they used the "My Life Would Suck Without You" melody in the chorus of "International Smile"

it's really hilarious how much they actually copied on this album, but once again IT WORKS!

"Ghost" contains a "Yeah 3x" melody ;D
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on October 16, 2013, 07:18:47 PM
You can listen some full tracks in here:

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/katy-perry-prism-deluxe-version-retail/
omg thank you so much for posting that link.........listened to all.....overwhelmed......I think this album has accomplished a kind of miracle......I mean, there's SOOO many really great songs, but it doesn't sound like a collection of singles...it sounds like an Album with a capital "A"......I truly think when this album sinks in to people's souls it's gonna be huge for a long time....not to mention there's an almost endless string of  singles on there,  so it works on two levels......plus it takes chances with some great sounds like with Indian music.....last thought: If Katy Perry hadn't done "Unconditionally" this song would've given Celine Dion a new #1 :D

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 17, 2013, 12:00:29 AM
YES! I was waiting for that Cirkut Daft Punk influenced vocoder/guitar effect that we got on Last Friday Night remix, Evil Woman, and Ke$ha's Thinking of You. It adds something funky to International Smile.

I thought I was the only person that got caught by these arrangements.
To me, sounds more like Cirkut is freaked out with the vocal arrangement Klas Ahlund did on the middle 8 of Robyn's Call Your Girlfriend and tried to replicate it with a talk box processed on ProTools.
Very influenced by Daft Punk, of course.

Cirkut is a mastermind at sound designing!

I've been listening the album at work since it leaked in full and I'm really feeling it. It's not that pop I think, but works really well as a whole idea. I hear a lot of Lana del Rey inspired stuff, melodically and production wise mixed with other stuff.

I told a friend while listening: these are the best guys in the game working together.
They're out of any league, by far.

melodicmoonlight

I actually like Double Rainbow and Spiritual as well - even This Moment - and the writing in It Takes Two - definitely hear John Mayer's influence.

The record as a whole is more vibey (as Britney keeps saying) with the more retro synths, less acoustic guitar, 80s drums, the campy shtick of International Smile, Birthday, Walking on Air, etc.

^ YES! of course I really love those moments in his songs. there's just something so clean and precise yet fanatic about it. The quick scales bouncing around mixed with the grating vocoder sound. It's creative, clever, sort of wacky, and melodic all at the same time. Wish they'd do that more.

The funny thing about the Max/Luke/Benny productions is that they don't sound typical of their styles. Even the vocal production isn't as tight and crisp as, say, on TGIF or Part of Me and Teenage Dream. Still, the production is good, but definitely more of a throwback style for Max and Luke.

nznexus

Quote from: B Steady on October 16, 2013, 11:33:23 PM
LOVE the triplets and the ethnic elements (Sitar/Percussion) in Legendary Lovers but the beginning of the chorus sounds like it's Ke$ha instead of Katy ???

fantastic song anyway, it's an ethnic/pop/dance/urban mix :) but my favorite song will be roar!!

it reminds me of my prerogative by britney these ethnic stuff
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Dr. Luke & Cirkut weren't involved in THIS IS HOW WE DO. That's why it doesn't sound as good as the other Max songs on Prism ...
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on October 18, 2013, 03:30:51 AM
Dr. Luke & Cirkut weren't involved in THIS IS HOW WE DO. That's why it doesn't sound as good as the other Max songs on Prism ...

This Is How We Do is just as good...

turnaround

I have my copy. Very stylish cd and booklet.

Longer review to follow.
And I liked it..