• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on October 18, 2013, 08:05:30 PM
I have my copy. Very stylish cd and booklet.

Longer review to follow.
What about the New Yorker?  :D

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on October 18, 2013, 08:05:30 PM
I have my copy. Very stylish cd and booklet.

Me too! Well the CD isn't stylish at all ??? But the booklet is indeed!!

Funny note: after leaving the record store I met the manager of my football club, Stefan Reuter. Maybe some you know him :)
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

A highly complimentary article on PRISM on Yahoo! News home page, including very nice words about Max & Luke.
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/many-faces-prism-hear-katy-perry-superstar-collaborations-180453103.html

I have a feeling as big as 'Teenage Dream' was, PRISM is gonna be even bigger...........

B Steady

Never. TD had like 7 monster hits - music- and succes-wise whereas Roar will be by far the most successful single off Prism. The next single (Unconditinally) won't doing well.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on October 18, 2013, 11:56:49 PM
Never. TD had like 7 monster hits - music- and succes-wise whereas Roar will be by far the most successful single off Prism. The next single (Unconditinally) won't doing well.

I don't think so , I think Prism will have almost 3 succesful singles , it won't top the success of Teenage dream but I think it will be a successful album.

B Steady

Of course it'll be successful but George to the E said Prism gonna be more succesful and there I disagree.
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on October 19, 2013, 12:08:47 AM
Of course it'll be successful but George to the E said Prism gonna be more succesful and there I disagree.
"George to the E" here.......:D    Here's why, you guys, I think it'll sell more......Katy is much more widely known to the general public now than even when "Teenage" came out......I mean, every soccer mom in the world probably knows "Roar", and maybe I'm wrong but wasn't that her biggest selling single ever?  So she's going into this with even more advantage than before.......I mean, I guess if "Unconditionally" doesn't do well there could be a problem, but I think that song will be huge. Plus, I think there's at least 5 more big singles on there besides "Roar" and "Unconditionally"......

B Steady

No firework is still her best one

I think the other "hits" are only hits to us. WOA and Dark Horse already flopped.

Edit: I knew you would like "George to the e" :D
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on October 19, 2013, 12:37:29 AM
No firework is still her best one

I think the other "hits" are only hits to us. WOA and Dark Horse already flopped.

Edit: I knew you would like "George to the e" :D
:D :D   After I said that about "Roar", I checked and here's how Billboard ranks her 10 biggest singles (this was written just before "Roar" was released).    http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5645538/katy-perrys-10-biggest-billboard-hits?page=0%2C1
Anyway, this is just purely based on an instinct I have......we'll have to check back in a year and 6 months and see, but I love these liittle debates we have :-)   btw, B, WOA and Dark Horse were never really official singles yet though, right?

B Steady

But WOA and DH won't be singles anymore and I think DH would've been a great 2nd single!

Btw if I had one wish free then it was Bonnie and Katy doing a pesbian lorn! (Lord have mercy)
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I think there will be some #1 hits on the album, but the successs of Teenage Dream it's hard to achieve.
Michael Jackson went nuts trying to achieve the level of success of Thriller...

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Walking On Air mid8 is so cheirontastic at the end. E-Type-ish, also lyric-wise :)
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

I hope ''Walking on air'' and Dark horse be Singles , ''Titanium'' of Guetta was first promotional single and then it was a official single and was a hit.

B Steady

The most disappointing moment of Prism is when you notice the beat doesn't come back at the end of "Dark Horse" :(
Vila i frid Dag