• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

I think y'all know some shit about music production. Therefore you should know how it sounds when you don't set the fades at the beginning and at the end of and audio clip - it clicks. And I can hear this type of sound immediately after every "snare" and it simply doesn't sound right to me.
Vila i frid Dag

maxmartin'sfan

Quote from: B Steady on October 19, 2013, 09:27:32 PM
I think y'all know some shit about music production. Therefore you should know how it sounds when you don't set the fades at the beginning and at the end of and audio clip - it clicks. And I can hear this type of sound immediately after every "snare" and it simply doesn't sound right to me.

Loudness war...

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

I'm SOLD.

And yes, B Steady - the CD is not that stylish, but the booklet and sleeve. Luckily this time the cd does not smell.

Basically I love already:

Roar
Unconditionally
Legendary lovers
Dark horse (I did not expect it - but wow, it's bizzarely catchy)
This is how we do (The ending is so fabulous and classy. When Katy says: "Bring the beat back"....I just love gimmicks like that)

The other songs are all quite good already, I don't feel the urge of skipping any track. The only song I kinda dislike is "Spiritual"
Kinda does nothing to me - yet.

I wondered how Katy could top "Teenage Dream" but I think she managed. It's at least as good. The ballads are even stronger than any ballad she did before.

Max in both teams (Dr Luke and Ahlund) as always a genius.

The other teams (Greg Wells, Greg Kurstin, Stargate) have a tough job, Max and Katy just seem to have a strong bond and are a perfect match.

And I liked it..

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

how are you guys missing International Smile? haven't seen you mention that.

it's such a fabulous, cheeky tightly produced song. the way she sings the verses - different emphasizes on words, and the drawn out whineyness of the chorus. and the fantastic Cirkut vocoder part. the best tracks are definitely -

Roar
Legendary Lovers
This is How We Do
International Smile

and the 2nd best - still good, but not amazing, are

Unconditionally
Dark Horse
Ghost
Birthday

B Steady

Replace TIHWD with Dark Horse ;)

This is how we do is one of the worst on this album imo
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

"International Smile" - I feel it, but not that much as the other tracks yet.

But I will give all songs lots of chances and I feel such potential in all tracks.

"Moon Landing" album has to wait a bit, right now I'm DESPERATELY HOOKED ON PRISM.

Oh - has anyone yet noticed Max singing background vocals with Katy on DH? I am yet to discover it.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on October 20, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

Oh - has anyone yet noticed Max singing background vocals with Katy on DH? I am yet to discover it.

He's probably the Synth voice ;D

No I think the "ahhhhs" and "heys" in the chorus could be him. Also the pitched down voice. Plus the harmony voices in the second verse or the background vocals at the end of Juicy's part .... lots of possibilities
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

It must be hearable. Because: "If you can't hear it, delete it."  8) 8)
And I liked it..

B Steady

And one can hear it.

I'd say the HEYs and the background vocals in Juicy's part are Max.
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Yes, he is.

And yesterday I listened to Unconditionally in my car and heard the clicks on the left.
Good ear B Steady!

turnaround

B Steady, what do you do with the prism that comes with the booklet?
And I liked it..

B Steady

Thanks Jose :)

@turnaround: I think it's a tattoo. Therefore I won't do nothing with it ;D
Vila i frid Dag