• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

"Dark Horse" will be the new single. Don't know if it is a good choice as it has been a buzz-single before the release.

But of course it's a great song and a big contrast to "Unconditionally"
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Great choice , it had to be single.

J_A24

No a bad choice, I think that "Birthday" would've made a perfect single for the holiday season.

georg_e

Gotta see this to believe it, although you can't really tell from the audio where the  problem was......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sprOaNtne3g     ps...this is only version left up showing the full performance which was stopped by the host, asking her to start again.....seems like they're trying everything to get rid of the evidence of this debacle.....

To be fair, here's the statement from NRJ

"Katy Perry was singing live at the NRJ Awards Saturday night in Cannes, but regrettably the wrong mix has been played accidentally which over-rode Katy's live vocal feed on-air at the beginning of her performance of 'Roar'," NRJ stated.

What do you guys think?

georg_e

^    ^    ^

Nine zillion versions of "Roar" on YouTube", but this is the one Warner Chappell and Kobalt block on "Copyright Grounds", riiiigghtttt.......

georg_e

My last word on this......yet somehow, these guys managed to deal with THIS  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTtz8F6jbCw
for an entire set without needing to be stopped mid-perfomance, ahahahahahaha  :D

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: georg_e on December 17, 2013, 08:11:31 PM
         Gotta see this to believe it, although you can't really tell from the audio where the  problem was......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sprOaNtne3g     ps...this is only version left up showing the full performance which was stopped by the host, asking her to start again.....seems like they're trying everything to get rid of the evidence of this debacle.....

To be fair, here's the statement from NRJ

"Katy Perry was singing live at the NRJ Awards Saturday night in Cannes, but regrettably the wrong mix has been played accidentally which over-rode Katy's live vocal feed on-air at the beginning of her performance of 'Roar'," NRJ stated.

What do you guys think?

It's not a surprise that Katy lip synced, heaps of pop stars do, but the singer needs to own it and not blame someone else. Obviously NRJ were totally bullied into issuing this apology. Katy would have been better to admit to it and move on.

j.fco.morales

And that live performance is to prove she sings live as well.

turnaround

QuoteKaty Perry ‏@katyperry 19h
Well... it looks like Dark Horse is literally becoming a Dark Horse of a song! Sounds like the people have spoken... I must

Hehe, #1 soon I guess..
And I liked it..

Axel

So i guess i am the only one who doesn't like Dark Horse. The only melody i really love in there is the 'so you wanna play with magic' part.

georg_e

Quote from: Axel on January 02, 2014, 09:47:52 AM
So i guess i am the only one who doesn't like Dark Horse. The only melody i really love in there is the 'so you wanna play with magic' part.
No, I feel the same way about it!  I like the "say you wanna play" part too, but that repeated instru figure thru most of the song gets on my nerves.......when this song comes on Prism I  always feel like  "Oh no..........this one", lol.

j.fco.morales

We're three.

I don't like the songs, the verses are average and I don't like the hiphop verses and the chorus with guitars...

Axel

B Steady

So y'all don't like Prism's best song?
Vila i frid Dag